Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: MediaCorp Press looking for photo journalist

  1. #1

    Default MediaCorp Press looking for photo journalist

    RH

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    suitable for street shooters... go go go!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    suitable for street shooters... go go go!
    nah...suitable for PJ shooters!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  4. #4

    Default

    Consider submitting the pictures carefully and any contributions that were requested throughout the selection process. Please read between my words.
    Last edited by Yezrah; 28th April 2005 at 02:07 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Anyone know how much a Mediacorp PJ earn?

  6. #6

    Default

    Go go go. Hope someone from CS get the job.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    I went for one of their interviews, apparently I didn't make the cut cos I couldnt deliver any news worthy stuff for them.

    took them 1 month to reply to me, then on the day of the interview, talk alot, they keep stressing that they are young and small group under mediacorp press and all. then gave me "surprise" assignment to go take something news worthy, it was a wednesday, by the time the interview ended it was 4pm, I had 6hrs to take an acceptable shot and return to their company by 10pm to show them what I got.

    I gave up, somehow I dont see myself hunting for stories every other day so I can fuel their TODAY paper news.
    But I encourage others to give it a go!! if u really love taking news worthy pics, give it a try.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Anyone know how much a Mediacorp PJ earn?

    think of this way... errr. i dun think they'll earn much

  9. #9

    Default

    But I guess you'll get to use all their latest canon camera kits?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan99
    But I guess you'll get to use all their latest canon camera kits?
    Apparently no... one of my friends from Zaobao is using the 1st generation of Canon DSLR....Hmmm......

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan99
    But I guess you'll get to use all their latest canon camera kits?
    haha its a misconception!
    dun think they give u 1ds mkII just like that....

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    It's sponsored but don't think you'll get the 1DS MKII.

  13. #13
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    oh.... sad...

  14. #14

    Default

    treat it as a stepping stone to reuters or magnum....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    That is IF u get "The Shot"

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It's sponsored but don't think you'll get the 1DS MKII.

    Is only given to the 'old bird'.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eadwine
    I went for one of their interviews, apparently I didn't make the cut cos I couldnt deliver any news worthy stuff for them.

    took them 1 month to reply to me, then on the day of the interview, talk alot, they keep stressing that they are young and small group under mediacorp press and all. then gave me "surprise" assignment to go take something news worthy, it was a wednesday, by the time the interview ended it was 4pm, I had 6hrs to take an acceptable shot and return to their company by 10pm to show them what I got.

    I gave up, somehow I dont see myself hunting for stories every other day so I can fuel their TODAY paper news.
    But I encourage others to give it a go!! if u really love taking news worthy pics, give it a try.
    I shared your sentiments .... many years ago I also went for an interview at ZaoBao .. last time at genting lane. Given 1 roll of film, go out and shoot and come back and later develop, explain why I shoot these and shoot that ..

    Well .. didnt get in and stay where I am still now is ..

    Anyway ... worth to try but I doubt the pay will be high .. depending on which educational level they are looking for ..

    However, sometime it is not the pay that counts. I known some who dont care much about high pay but job satisfcation and a routine break from their boring works. Dun know how but for those who has passion in photography .. so long the $$$ can meet his demand ... shd be okay
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Like that how to buy trinities

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •