Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you store/back up your pics?

I am keeping the pix on 2 separate hard disks......one is the main, while the other is a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    lastly, can i recommend u the ZD 50mm? u can't leave home w/o it, just like serene.
    Thanks for the recommendation, will go down to SLS this sat to see see look
    look.

As for ZD 50mm, I'm also quite keen but recently due to busy schedule
    no time to bring camera out for a swing since my Japan trip, so ZD 50mm
    have to wait lor Even if I buy it now, it will still have to stay in the dry
    box till I have time to bring it out.

Dear everyone

Thanks for the useful advice. Sorry that I was unable to reply for quite a while.I compile the responses as follows:

HDD only - 2 (including myself)
    HDD/CD ROM - 1
    HDD/DVD - 5
    HDD/HDD - 3
    HDD/HDD/DVD (super ks type?) - 1

Some of the responses are inferred from your replies. But from the above, the HDD/DVD seems to be the most popular option.

Thanks again

lastly, can i recommend u the ZD 50mm? u can't leave home w/o it, just like serene.
    Ei Nightpiper,
    I strongly recommend you to buy one instead of drooling over others' lenses Be prepared to drool more when Oly releases 2 f2.0 lenses by PMA 2006. And even more when 2 state of the art DSLRS are released BTW, am still waiting for Kindai's response.

2 sets of DVDr

1 keep at home and 1 keep at office.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by serene
    Ei Nightpiper,
    I strongly recommend you to buy one instead of drooling over others' lenses Be prepared to drool more when Oly releases 2 f2.0 lenses by PMA 2006. And even more when 2 state of the art DSLRS are released. BTW, am still waiting for Kindai's response.

oh serene, there's one thing u didn't know about me...... I am a professional drooler!! so i have an enormous amount of energy to resist the B-irus

also thx megaweb for the tip. it didn't occur to me to store my medias in 2 separate locations for really safe keeping.

(ps. hey, our moderator Jayan is on-line again. seems like we the naughty children has awaken the mummy with our mischief.)
    Last edited by nightpiper; 17th May 2005 at 10:07 AM.

it didn't occur to me to store my medias in 2 separate locations for really safe keeping.

Hire cisco datacentre for safe keeping hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by serene
    (1) Where do you store yr pics - kindly be specific about the type of device
    (2) Estimate cost
    (3) Any plans for upgrade
    (4) Other comments, advice if any

Thanks a million in advance
    Serene

1) one copy in the pc's harddisk, another in a external 200gb 3.5inch for backup.
    2) no idea. the harddisk price like always change..the case was below 200.
    3) yes, when the disk is full.
    4) the 3.5inch exteral drive is a hassle if u intend to bring it out, cos it uses a power point. in which case, the smaller external drives made with laptop hdd would be better. (uses two usb outlets, if im correct).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12