Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photoshop CS2 is Here !!!

worth or not...

it is up to you. For my case, my D70 + lens cost like 2k. I feel that the $480 you spend on a copy of PS will have as significant effect on your photos as a $480 lens upgrade. I mean with better noise reduction, you can afford to shoot at higher ISO, the workflow of PS CS is also MUCH better than the iphoto I was using.

+ healing brush, clone stamp, magnetic lasso, raw photo editing, batch actions, etc.

worth or not...

Can always download the TRYOUT version and try try first, rite? got 30 days to evaluate wat. (but the file is few hundreds MB to download, really need a cable modem)

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    I suggest for those who are interested to get a full copy to get a original, old version of Photoshop (eBay?), and get the upgrade pack.

If I'm not wrong, the upgrade allows you to upgrade to CS2 from any version of Photoshop?

From my friends, it seems that CS2 is slower than CS, and Bridge is still not as responsive as compared to the other image-viewing apps (from CS's Browse).
    I don't find CS2 to be slower than CS leh.
    I quite like Adobe Bridge. It is meant to be a 'bridge' for all the Adobe software in Creative Suite. Also, it can be ran by itself without Photoshop and can do some of the PS functions like Merge to HDR, ACR etc without having to launch Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    I don't find CS2 to be slower than CS leh.
    I quite like Adobe Bridge. It is meant to be a 'bridge' for all the Adobe software in Creative Suite. Also, it can be ran by itself without Photoshop and can do some of the PS functions like Merge to HDR, ACR etc without having to launch Photoshop.
    I think CS2 just like CS before it can feel a little sticky in operation a times, for instance, when Bridge has to render the thumbnails of a directory full of raw images or you bring two images into Camera Raw. I don't have an overly slow computer - P4 3ghz with 2 gigs of RAM. I am not sure if there's a diff between Mac and PC versions since I don't own a Mac.

Well, if you want all the nice features, you'd just to have to live with it I guess. I am still pretty amazed by Smart Sharpen.

Does anyone know what is the price of CS2 standard (not academic, not upgrade) at Funan?

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    I think CS2 just like CS before it can feel a little sticky in operation a times, for instance, when Bridge has to render the thumbnails of a directory full of raw images or you bring two images into Camera Raw. I don't have an overly slow computer - P4 3ghz with 2 gigs of RAM. I am not sure if there's a diff between Mac and PC versions since I don't own a Mac.

Well, if you want all the nice features, you'd just to have to live with it I guess. I am still pretty amazed by Smart Sharpen.

Well...My poor 1600+ / 512MB ...

I saw it today on my friend's computer!
    The redeye function is simply so amazing.
    HDR is cool as well.

When will i have the munny to upgrade?
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Photoshop CS 2rocks, now waiting for my edu version. Top notch stuff for working on digital photos~!

With the NEW DNG converter some priotery formats like oly's .orf are supported!
    Last edited by stnicholas81; 7th May 2005 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnicholas81
    Photoshop CS 2rocks, now waiting for my edu version. Top notch stuff for working on digital photos~!

With the NEW DNG converter some priotery formats like oly's .orf are supported!
    Edu version is already in the market for some time.

But i dont really like the Bridge..
    Still prefer the free Picasa..
    Free things work better for me.. like no Munny...
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ds
    Edu version is already in the market for some time.
    Yes yes, but time is needed to process the order of CS PS2 my friend, my school is not a software shop like funan or sim lim.

Phildate
    Guests

Hmmm, seems like no-one knows the price.

I am tempted to purchase online from adobe at US$599 unless someone tells me it is significantly cheaper here. Can anyone give me the price of full version in Singapore?

Default Got my copy of CS2 on Saturday

Hi

I paid SGD995 for it at Sim Lim. Full retail version.

pc cs2 upgrade (mac version) $269 nett at macshop funan level 4

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    pc cs2 upgrade (mac version) $269 nett at macshop funan level 4
    Had check with mostly all the stores selling cs2 their store is the highest price.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ds
    Had check with mostly all the stores selling cs2 their store is the highest price.
    really? south asia computer and e2000 were selling for $299. pix n pixel was $288. maybe sls sell cheaper but i didn't check there.

edit: oh you meant cs2 (non-upgrade version)? not sure. i didn't check the price of that. was only looking for upgrade one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12