Thread: Anyone been to Brisbane recently? (advice needed)

Default Anyone been to Brisbane recently? (advice needed)

Hello all...

I'm going away for a few days.... Hope to do some streets and lanscape/archi photogrphy.

Any MUST SEEs? I'm there for a reallllllly short time....

And recomendations for eating places ? Cheap and good would be nice... haha...

Lastly if you know of any accomodation packages that would be good too... =)

TIA!

archi? go to UQ u wun be disappointed

think joho can give u more advice

oh okay.. =) thanks...

been looking ar pics online... ya the sandstone bldgs looks quite nice...

If you go to brisbane itself, it's not much to offer for photography. As mentioned, the sandstone building is UQ is quite nice. You can also take some nice pictures on the brisbane river with the "CAT", sunset at Mt Cootha, Southbank on weekends to take kids swimming in the man made beach, friday night market at Eagle street pier.

For more exotic locations, head out to places like Gold coast, sunshine coast etc. A lot depends on what you like to shoot.

Oh ya... Can go Mt tambourine as well. It's quite nice with a couple of waterfalls....

try to head off for Melbourne... lots of exciting architecture of late

There are a lot of old churches in Brisbane city, two Botanical Gardens, one at the foot of Mount Cootha and another next to QUT in the city, Queen Street Mall is a bustle of street activity on late night shopping day on Fridays. There is a Riverside Flea Market on Sunday mornings at the Riverside, as well as at Southbank, and King George Square.

The Gold Coast is an hour's drive away, the Sunshine Coast is two hours away, as are various National Parks in the area, such as Lamington National Park. Get a Lonely Planet guide and you'll not go far wrong.

okay thanks all!

plan plan plan i shall..... ya saw the pics of gardens and like wildlife parks... wa lao how i wish i lived there...

haha the grass does look greener on the other side, well i'm stocking up on Portra 160 i guess... warmer than fuji rite? for autums... i think i wont shoot slide sia.... hemm... and i'm lazy to develop so C41's the way to go...

i'm so lazy sigh.

Okay thanks all for the help so far!!
    all i need is a wide angle lens. =) hahahaha....