Thread: How to set WB for C5060?

Default How to set WB for C5060?

I can't find instructions on how to record WB in the manual (both printed book and CD) so I'm posting this query here.

How to record 1) custom WB 2) One-touch WB?
    And then how to tell the camera to use the WB?
    I'm confuse about custom WB and One-touch WB. Does it mean if I record a One-touch WB it will be save as a custom WB?

This is C5060 White Balance menu explanation
    Auto
    Preset 1 (Shade, cloudy, sunlight, evening sunlight)
    Preset 2 (Daylight fluorescent, neutral fluorescent, cool white fluorescent, white fluorescent, tungsten)
    Custom (1-4) - select one of four sets of custom white balance
    One-touch WB - shoot a white or gray card to get perfect color in any light

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadia

I can't find instructions on how to record WB in the manual (both printed book and CD) so I'm posting this query here.

How to record 1) custom WB 2) One-touch WB?
    And then how to tell the camera to use the WB?
    I'm confuse about custom WB and One-touch WB. Does it mean if I record a One-touch WB it will be save as a custom WB?

This is C5060 White Balance menu explanation

Auto
    Preset 1 (Shade, cloudy, sunlight, evening sunlight).

Preset 2 (Daylight fluorescent, neutral fluorescent, cool white fluorescent, white fluorescent, tungsten).

Custom (1-4) - select one of four sets of custom white balance
    One-touch WB - shoot a white or gray card to get perfect color in any light
    Hello Arkadia,

Thank you for taking trouble to word your problem clearly.

If I may make a guess at answering.

AUTO - Camera determines colour temperature on its own

Preset 1 - Common OUTDOOR colour temperature set by photographer. Eg if you subject is under daytime sunlight, choose the 'sunlight' option.

Preset 2 - Common INDOOR artificial lighting temperature set by photograper. Eg. if the subject is under tungsten (yellow) lighting, choose 'tungsten'. The camera will attempt to remove the yellow cast present in this type of artificial light.

One-Touch WB - Camera takes shot of a white surface (encompass the entire viewing area) under ambient lighting. With white provides a reference colour for the camera to correct colour shifts, this mode produces the most accurate colour rendition.

Custom 1-4 - Works in conjuction with One-touch WB. Allowing you to store 4 states of One-touch WB for recall when the situation is revisited.

For example: When shooting indoors, assuming you need to move between rooms that is tungsten & florescent lited. By taking (using the One-touch WB function) and storing separate custom WB (Using the Custom 1-4 function) in each room you can recall these stored settings on the fly instead of redoing the One-touch WB each time you move between rooms.

Hope this poor example explains :-)

Cheers,
    Last edited by chancy; 27th April 2005 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks.

But I still do not know how to record one-touch WB so it would become one of the available selections in the custom WB set. I made one dramatically different WB in One-touch WB but can't seem to find it in one of the 4 selections available in Custom WB after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadia
    Thanks.

But I still do not know how to record one-touch WB so it would become one of the available selections in the custom WB set. I made one dramatically different WB in One-touch WB but can't seem to find it in one of the 4 selections available in Custom WB after that.
    Hello Arkadia,

Looks like I did not provide the answers you seek :-)

I don't have the 5060 only the 7070 which operates closely to the former. Assuming identical mode of operations, then the 7070 reference manual pages 74-79 may prove useful. I can't verify this against the 5060 version because Olympus only provides the basic manual of the 5060 online.

The 7070 reference manual is available for download from

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/..._c7070wz_e.pdf

Hope this helps further.

Cheers,