Thread: coverlooks

Lightbulb coverlooks

are there anyone who has attended their courses? they are at shaw towers, beach road. appreciate your feedback on their courses, instructors, contents, delivery, etc.

their link. http://www.coverlooks.com.sg/
    Last edited by reachme2003; 27th April 2005 at 05:00 PM.

Shouldn't it be "A lasting impression begins with a perfectly groomed you" ?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Shouldn't it be "A lasting impression begins with a perfectly groomed you" ?
    yeah, the website designer seems to have poor english. typo errors can be found too.

Powderful England using crappy engrish.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    yeah, the website designer seems to have poor english. typo errors can be found too.
    The website is horrendous. Seems like the web designer is chinese educated. Some links are not even working.

Can't say much about the photographers and makeup artists there too. Their only skill is probably touching up photos with photoshop. I have a few friends who threw away photos taken by Coverlooks because they are that bad.

Lightbulb

your friends' photos were taken in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by vr666m
    The website is horrendous. Seems like the web designer is chinese educated. Some links are not even working.
    what does chinese educated got to do with horrendous website?

I'm not chinese educated and not a chinese either, but I just feel such comment is not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by vr666m
    Are you still living in the old age? Why and how do you conclude that chinese-educated can't write good and proper English? I have dealing with many chinese-educated ppl and they write much better English, and can do much better designs and take better photog than many other English-educated ppl. In this modern times, it's outdated and irrelevant to have such conclusion.
    I think the designer would be more appreciative and thankful to you if you could email him to highlight to him where he has made mistakes rather then speculating that he is chinese-educated coz it really serves no purpose at all.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Are you still living in the old age? Why and how do you conclude that chinese-educated can't write good and proper English? I have dealing with many chinese-educated ppl and they write much better English, and can do much better designs and take better photog than many other English-educated ppl. In this modern times, it's outdated and irrelevant to have such conclusion.
    I think the designer would be more appreciative and thankful to you if you could email him to highlight to him where he has made mistakes rather then speculating that he is chinese-educated coz it really serves no purpose at all.
    Sheesh what a bunch of worked up angry people here.
    I did not conclude ALL chinese ed people are bad in English. I should have made it clear to all the sensitive hearts out there that "the designer is probably leaning more towards the chinese language"

It's not my job, or yours, to email a web designer for typo or grammar mistakes. Functionality, yes, but not grammar.

And I did say that they have good PS skills.

And I know who the web designer is, and I am pulling his leg, so there is no speculation on my part, thank you very much. Take a hike, get a beer.