Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where you park your spare money?

Default Re: Where you park your spare money?

hold cash, wait for crash. next up, China Credit Crisis.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by CasualBear View Post
    Too many options.. Pls provide more parameters like time horizon, liquidity needs, any financial knowledge and If possible an estimated figure..
    Anything under $20k I would recommend a foreign currency fixed deposit like AUD. Current economic outlook seems like slight upside and the interest is close to a decent 5% which more or less matches inflation. And Fcfd is guaranteed by MAS for figures up to $20k placed in a bank.
    Let say 50k, park & sleep, near zero risk, period of 1 year? Buy blue chip share or fixed deposit ?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

err. how up to date is your info? Aussie is facing numerous rate cuts
    Hah.. u r right.. that was last year... I haven't checked what's the latest rate.. my deposit already mature January this year.. so I haven went to check what the new rates.. I heard some cuts.. but lazy to look at it again..
    Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos..~ ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    hold cash, wait for crash. next up, China Credit Crisis.
    Any company here allow rmb deposits?

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post

Let say 50k, park & sleep, near zero risk, period of 1 year? Buy blue chip share or fixed deposit ?
    Haha.. near zero risk.. so u fine with near zero return? Lowest risk with decent value would probably be a single premium endowment?
    if ur preference is stock.. probably find something that's giving dividend lor.. but stock is never zero risk..

Buy boeing stock. Check out the price on tuesday morning 3am. If drop some more then hoot liao.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Buy boeing stock. Check out the price on tuesday morning 3am. If drop some more then hoot liao.
    You should adjust and configure the algorithm of your automated news feed aggregator and data analysis program to track Airbus and Boeing too.

It always happens when something goes wrong with the A350 and B787 or whatever flagship projects they have in developemt. One of my colleagues is doing exactly the same.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th July 2013 at 05:14 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    If no risky investment, where to park money?
    Virtual Spaceship
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    You should adjust and configure the algorithm of your automated news feed aggregator and data analysis program to track Airbus and Boeing too.

It always happens when something goes wrong with the A350 and B787 or whatever flagship projects they have in developemt. One of my colleagues is doing exactly the same.

Thought of applying the algorithm to individual stocks, but i don't think for most stocks there is statistically enough news to give a significant reading.
    And if a company goes for days without news, the numbers calculated by the algorithm and the stock price will diverge after awhile due to drift.

In any case, does anyone have any opinion on Ezra (5DN)? Seems like a fundamentally sound company, but share price took a beating Friday and today.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post

Thought of applying the algorithm to individual stocks, but i don't think for most stocks there is statistically enough news to give a significant reading.
    And if a company goes for days without news, the numbers calculated by the algorithm and the stock price will diverge after awhile due to drift.

In any case, does anyone have any opinion on Ezra (5DN)? Seems like a fundamentally sound company, but share price took a beating Friday and today.
    Shouldn't be an issue with Fortune Global 500 corporations? Or set it to trigger and automatically track trends upon detection of certain specific keywords such as "catastrophe", "crash", "delay", "disaster", "fatalities", "grounded", "investigation", "suspended" etc. etc. Just as an example.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12