Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys : do you sample your friend's food ?

Default Guys : do you sample your friend's food ?

This one's for guys. Lets say you and some friends go to a restaurant for a meal. Now would you ask your friend for a sample of his food ? And in return let him sample yours ?

I know girls do this all the time, but as a guy, I personally don't. But some guy friends of mine say that it is normal for them to do so. So I am curious is this a common practice among guys or am I missing something ?

I don't like people to pick food from my plate and I don't like to do that to other people also. There is no reason why I don't like or had been taught in the past that this is good or bad. To me, it is just common sense or basic instincts to find this kind of behaviour undesirable.
    Last edited by Yezrah; 27th April 2005 at 02:20 AM.

really depends on the closeness with my friends ...

Sometimes I don't mind that. But an independent fork or spoon is to be used. But I do mind about sampling or sharing drinks.

Don't see what's wrong with that...

for food, as long as a different fork / spoon is used, its okay for me..

as for drinks... remember during army, sharing of drinks thru same water bottle is usual for my company... esp when water is very limited...

maybe you can just imagine that bottle last drank by your gf?

Quite normal to me, though again, must see closeness of friends. It's a good trick to try out food from a place sometimes.

Heh... Unless someone is ill, I don't usually bother whether it's a different utensil..
    Actually feed my gal-friends with my spoon before....

what did u feed them ? HAHAHA!

i dun find anything wrong with sharing food la,it's like eating Zi cha in kopitiam,everyone take some..
    Last edited by kex; 27th April 2005 at 02:48 AM.

I don't mind sharing, nothing wrong. .

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    This one's for guys. Lets say you and some friends go to a restaurant for a meal. Now would you ask your friend for a sample of his food ? And in return let him sample yours ?

I know girls do this all the time, but as a guy, I personally don't. But some guy friends of mine say that it is normal for them to do so. So I am curious is this a common practice among guys or am I missing something ?
    Normally I like my friend to buy another helping of his food for me to sample so that I don't have to pay for the food at all. Also drink to sample too if he is kind enough.

what is wrong? but of course i dun go about sampling food from everyone i makan with, only do that with friends that i know better.
    Alot of time we would like to sample to know what is good there so that in the future we will know what we want and no need to have to really try every stall.

well, if you and your friends are so "sua gu" until must try each other's food, then why not? i'm one of them.

depends if the food looks nice or not loh... and if i have ate/sample the food b4 or not

but also depends on the other party's willingness to share his/her food with u or not

if I haven't tried that food and that friend is close friend, sure why not? usually if first time at that resturant, will try to sample more dishes. see if they are any good.

girls normally like to share food with me... so i am ok with it...

but normally if guys was to ask to sample, i will just give them the whole plate... and if they sip my drink, i will ask them to finish it or throw it away..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

do it all the time. depends on the other party/parties though. have friends who don't share food at all.

Closer your friends are to you, the more food/drinks they 'tax'....hahahaha
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz

i do not do it because of hygiene, even with a clean utensil.

usualli i wait until my fren is full then i finish up the leftovers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast