Thread: Dry box setting

Default Dry box setting

Hi there,

What will be range of Relative Humidity %(RH) to be maintained in order for a dry box to be effective?

I'm new to this, so will appreciate any inputs.

Thanks

Mine is between 45 to 5o%.

heard frrom the pros.. best is 50%

hmm... someone mentioned b4 when u buy a dry cabinet, the manual will state the level of humidity too. ur qn has been asked b4 a couple weeks back.

anyway, nick and kenny has more or less answered ur qns too. hehe

Actually i've bought dry box, not dry cabinet. The dry box comes with hygrometer.

The only means that the box can keep the humidity low is by using the silicon beads. It seems now the silicon beads worked well...abit too well...my RH is at 20 - 25%.

Is there anyway i can control the RH to 40-50%. Btw what's the RH in our weather. And what may happen to camera is RH is too low (ie 20%) or too high ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by yzr500abe
    Is there anyway i can control the RH to 40-50%. Btw what's the RH in our weather. And what may happen to camera is RH is too low (ie 20%) or too high ?
    Cheers
    If too dry, it can damage the rubber seal and multi coating, if too moist, fungus will start to grow. The manual recommends 40% to 50%, mine is ~45%. But if you intend to open your dry cabi door very often, perhaps you may want to lower your RH% to compensate for the fluctuation in RH%. B'cos everytime the door is opened, moist air rushes into the box and the RH% easily shoot up to >60%. If done too often, the dry cabi will need more time to stabilise the RH%.

Need to trial and error.

I have a relative who just bought a 20ml dry cabinet from carefour for 79 I think. anyway she set the setting to 45%.

Just yest, she opened her dry cabinet to take some stuff, and discover water droplets inside the cabinet. Is this usual?