Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Servicing Pentax MX film camera

  1. #1
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default Servicing Pentax MX film camera

    Hi, my Nikon friend has a Pentax MX which want to service, any workshop familiar w Pentax MX film camera you could recommend?

    I searched Clubsnap ,
    is Camera hospital at bencoolen a good choice?
    https://www.facebook.com/CameraHospi...96347180404245

    Any shop at Peninsula shopping center ? Thanks in advance.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  2. #2
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Servicing Pentax MX film camera

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    Hi, my Nikon friend has a Pentax MX which want to service, any workshop familiar w Pentax MX film camera you could recommend?

    I searched Clubsnap ,
    is Camera hospital at bencoolen a good choice?
    https://www.facebook.com/CameraHospi...96347180404245

    Any shop at Peninsula shopping center ? Thanks in advance.
    Camera Hospital. Don't go Peninsula as there are sad stories on CS about them
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  3. #3

    Default Re: Servicing Pentax MX film camera

    It's gonna cost some money if you send to the Camera Hospital. As far as I know a simple (cleaning) service is gonna cost at least $80 and above. Better just get another camera imo, unless it's for sentimental reason.

  4. #4
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

    Camera Hospital. Don't go Peninsula as there are sad stories on CS about them
    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    It's gonna cost some money if you send to the Camera Hospital. As far as I know a simple (cleaning) service is gonna cost at least $80 and above. Better just get another camera imo, unless it's for sentimental reason.
    Thanks, noted , will let my friend know.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  5. #5
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Servicing Pentax MX film camera

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    It's gonna cost some money if you send to the Camera Hospital. As far as I know a simple (cleaning) service is gonna cost at least $80 and above. Better just get another camera imo, unless it's for sentimental reason.
    True.
    The amount I paid for servicing my K1000 at CH can buy me a better cam.
    Unfortunately, the K1000 belongs to my elder brother and has sentimental value since that was my 1st exposure to SLR cam.
    Pentax for Life

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •