Thread: what to buy in BKK?

Default what to buy in BKK?

first visit to Bangkok this weekend. hoping to do some shopping. so far set on going MBK and Chatuchak.... but still unsure what's best value for money there. advise appreciated tks.

Lv Lv Lv !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jovedaddy
    first visit to Bangkok this weekend. hoping to do some shopping. so far set on going MBK and Chatuchak.... but still unsure what's best value for money there. advise appreciated tks.
    oh cool

My advise is Chatuchak, go early 8am reach there best, shops are just starting to open, weather is still cooling and best of all there's no crowd.

now days, not much bargaining to be done there, prices are more or less fixed and not very cheap.

i bought broadshorts(quicksiver, bilabong, etc) and their thai style 3/4 very comfortable. tshirts, polo shirts, executive shirts, ties, SOCKS! and bra if you wear them.

the backpacks there are cheap but you must know how to choose to buy.

chatuchak sells 1million and 1 thing, you'll really need to walk thru and see what you really need.

MBK 4th floor electronic stuff, checked out the prices of cameras there, singapore is cheaper. Mobile phones Singapore is cheaper. MP3/VCD(portable) player ah these are cheap.

shirt not cheap leh...i mean not as cheap as i expected

i found that shoe, slipper and sandels are cheap

slipper selling $10-12 in singapore, only about B50-B100 there

i bought my Teva sandles at about B200

my gf bought lots of those small purse at < 50 cents each....same purse is selling at bugis village for $3

bargain is a must, esp if you buy more than 1 pc

chatuchak was TOO big for me to cover in a day, if u see something u like but want to check the price in other stall, remember to note down the stall number. i wanted to go back to the stall to buy some stuff, but never manage to find because chatuchak was way too big

oh ya..remember to drink lots of water cos the weather is dry....i drink those fruit juice and soft drink until tired of it....in the end i bought those cheap 1L mineral water from 7-11, i think < B20 and i can finish 2-3 bottles a day
    Last edited by Wai; 26th April 2005 at 10:34 AM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Heh, methinks Chatuchak was TOO big for anyone to cover in a day
    5 yrs ago, bought a "Nike" slipper for less than 100Bt and have used it till now... darn thing didn't spoil, so decided to buy a "Birkenstock" sandals for 199Bt
    Tshirts/poloshirts bought 5 yrs ago at MBK still wearable... whee..

yeah, the Teva & Reef sandals are pretty nice....

thanks for all the suggestions was also thinking of selling a mamiya MF cam to those 2nd hand cam stores there. does anyone know if prices are better there for MF stuff? ie. can fetch better price.....?

What a coincidence. I'm going to BKK this Sunday. To Pattaya.

Sorry to hitch a ride on this thread. Anything interesting in Bangkok and Pattaya? Shopping, especially. I don't have much interest to tag along with the tour group.

Are massages and facials good there? My face is dying under this hot-wet treatment of the weather lately.