Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 134

Thread: Starhub offers 25mbps down/ 1mbps up Cable plans!

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misato
    You left out another important perimeter the magical number 1024.
    1kbit = 1024 bit
    1kbytes = 1024 bytes.
    1Mbytes = 1024kbytes
    and the list goes on... :>
    yes, thats why i say "approx. 3Mbps" and not to accurate numbers.

    Pinoy, that's only 1 thread leh...

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Here in HK I have a connection of max 100Mbps......so how fast is this? Getting confused with the two different speed writings........bits vs bytes.....

    What they tell you is that it is maximum speed, not that you will always have that speed......most of the time it is slower :-).........

    HS

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Here in HK I have a connection of max 100Mbps......so how fast is this? Getting confused with the two different speed writings........bits vs bytes.....

    What they tell you is that it is maximum speed, not that you will always have that speed......most of the time it is slower :-).........

    HS
    think we get 1/4 of yours we damn happy liao, btw u paying hell of a premium there for the 100mbps?... heard there is even a 1gbps there.... or is this the fastest on earth now?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    you gotta bet your luck dude. this model ain't that reliable and that speaks for itself on the default warranty given.
    If you intend to use it, better get the 3 year warranty. HP Notebook nowadays LCD or Motherboard give problem after 1 year. Will you pay $1k + labour cost to change a new LCD a year later

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    If you intend to use it, better get the 3 year warranty. HP Notebook nowadays LCD or Motherboard give problem after 1 year. Will you pay $1k + labour cost to change a new LCD a year later
    u like tat say... i sian 1/2 liao... is there any plan that gives me 20% discount minus the laptop?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    u like tat say... i sian 1/2 liao... is there any plan that gives me 20% discount minus the laptop?
    hang on.. wait for the next IT Show/Exhibition/Lelong-Lelong/Pasar-Malam.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    hmm... so to get or not to get... i paying normal price for my pacnet 512k for 1/2 a year liao... just hate the slow speed... esp slow when i try to surf & download anime...

    /me flip a coin.... flip flip flip... drop on the floor... shucks... stuck in the middle of a creak...!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #88

    Default

    Del, just get SCV2000 if u'r not sharing the bandwidth with more than 1 other family member. There's no point with 25mbps if u'r not intending to be some server etc..

  9. #89

    Default

    One can always find more way to use the extra speed, a single PC can easily saturate 25mbps.. but its definatly not by doing a single task.

  10. #90

    Default

    unless one NEEDS to download huge files (movies/anime/watever) in a SHORT period of time, i don't see the reason of needing 25mbps. the dl speed can hit ~3mBps that is u can dl ~10G worth of files in one hour. given a few days, most hdds will be begging for space.

    of cos, if $ is not an issue, go for it!

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    and unless you have so many PCs and notebooks like Wai.

  12. #92

    Default

    Chugging along fine on Maxonline 2000.
    Most of the time the lag is from the server, not the pipe.
    That's my feeling anyway.
    And I don't download stuff, just surf.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Some website will ban u from DL if you using accerator for DL for few hours. So, high DL speed might give you another problem.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    Some website will ban u from DL if you using accerator for DL for few hours. So, high DL speed might give you another problem.
    i have not encounter such problem before. what is there to download from a website that takes you hours?

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    i have not encounter such problem before. what is there to download from a website that takes you hours?


    Linux Distros?
    Microsoft provided softwares at MSDN?
    Trial softwares, including games etc?

    Quite a lot really.

    :Later,

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    think we get 1/4 of yours we damn happy liao, btw u paying hell of a premium there for the 100mbps?... heard there is even a 1gbps there.... or is this the fastest on earth now?
    He!he! I am paying alot less than in SG with Starhub: paying only HKD 210/month = SGD 45/month for 100Mbps AND several channels on TV free! (Discovery channel, CCTV4-9, etc.)........

    Now you see how much they make! Greedy bunch!......salaries here are not much different than in SG btw. So, it is possible to make it cheaper......
    There are more companies around though, so it is a matter of competition. Singtel has just too much weight there.......

    I pay only the equivalent of SGD 39/month for my 3G connection AND I get 2000min free calling time/month!! Between different companies I have 1200 min free! Receiving calls are free too, first 75 video min.calls are free

    Hong Sien

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    He!he! I am paying alot less than in SG with Starhub: paying only HKD 210/month = SGD 45/month for 100Mbps AND several channels on TV free! (Discovery channel, CCTV4-9, etc.)........

    Now you see how much they make! Greedy bunch!......salaries here are not much different than in SG btw. So, it is possible to make it cheaper......
    There are more companies around though, so it is a matter of competition. Singtel has just too much weight there.......

    I pay only the equivalent of SGD 39/month for my 3G connection AND I get 2000min free calling time/month!! Between different companies I have 1200 min free! Receiving calls are free too, first 75 video min.calls are free

    Hong Sien
    but transport, housing and food in HK are damn expensive....

    internet is not necessity to most pple...but food, accomodation and transport are

    but then to me...internet is more important
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    but then to me...internet is more important
    with the number of computers you have... why am i not surprised?

    Oh well.. can't quite imagine how's it like being "unwired" and "unhooked".

    :Later,

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    but transport, housing and food in HK are damn expensive....

    internet is not necessity to most pple...but food, accomodation and transport are

    but then to me...internet is more important

    same same haha

  20. #100

    Default

    Internet connection is damn cheap overseas. My friends are sending me stuff at 300+kb/s

    I am using 6500 and have already downloading >100GB for the past month and uploaded 80GB.

    Ultimate? I am all for it. Wheeeeee

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •