Thread: Discounted Zoo Tickets

Cool Discounted Zoo Tickets

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting discounted zoo tickets for this community. The price after discount is $6 I believe.

I want to make clear that I have only 5 tickets available and it is only available after next week. I am giving everyone a heads-up on this and the tickets are only 1 per person. Hence, u cannot bring yr photopgraphy assistant, ok.

The reason is simple, I only want to give it to those who are from this community and plan to go and take pictures of animals but don't wish to pay the full fare of $12.

PS. U see, two legged animals usually won't let u take pictures of them!

First come first serve basis pse. cheers!

Wonder if its ever possible to pay like say $6 to the zoo and JBP for clubsnap "members".. from the threads.. we go to the zoo and jbp more often as compared to the general public.. even the kids are envious.. :P

Anybody can help us in this venue?

Originally posted by shmott
    Wonder if its ever possible to pay like say $6 to the zoo and JBP for clubsnap "members".. from the threads.. we go to the zoo and jbp more often as compared to the general public.. even the kids are envious.. :P

Anybody can help us in this venue?
    for 1 year pass, isn't the student rate $25? furthermore, for 2 adults, its $50/$55.

ohh.. i didn't know there's a yr pass for adults. Oh blind me... hehe

Default Re: Discounted Zoo Tickets

Originally posted by jeff chen
    Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting discounted zoo tickets for this community. The price after discount is $6 I believe.

I want to make clear that I have only 5 tickets available and it is only available after next week. I am giving everyone a heads-up on this and the tickets are only 1 per person. Hence, u cannot bring yr photopgraphy assistant, ok.

The reason is simple, I only want to give it to those who are from this community and plan to go and take pictures of animals but don't wish to pay the full fare of $12.

PS. U see, two legged animals usually won't let u take pictures of them!

First come first serve basis pse. cheers!
    bet u ate alot of bread right???

Cool

Yeah and I am a cruel conformist who force everyone else in my family to eat them too! Ha ha...

I think someone raised a gd pt asking if Club Snap can negotiate with the zoo for discounted tickets. Does anyone know the Mkting and PR Manager of the zoo to begin with?

you can get the FOZ (Friends of the Zoo) membership. They have different categories like family membership, couples membership and also individual membership.

Family membership can take in 2 adults and 3 kids for unlimited visits for a whole year and I think it will cost about $75. (Not too sure about the cost because it got it free by subscribing to Business Week.)

Cool Buyers Beware

I guess we have all at one time or another bought a camera. It is a difficult process to select one and even more difficult trying to get one at the right price.

I am writing this to share my experiences so that other camera buyers know how certain retailers operate. I will refrain from naming particular names but these traits are common to some retailers.

Now, having selected the camera of yr choice, u walk into a shop to buy. Naturally, we bargain right. Say if the retailer gives u the price u want, what then? Some retailers will give u the price u want initially, but then will ask u to buy many other items that u may or not need. (This is where they mark up the item to make the profit). If u do not accept the accessories, they usually will not sell the camera to you (citing no stock or someone has reserved this piece...)

Also, some retailers are fond of quoting lower prices than their competitor to entice u to buy from them. When u ask to see a piece, again they tell u no stock and place an order. By the time the stock "arrives" the price is not what u agree to. Others like to quote the prices without GST which can be quite substantial when u buy a camera worth thousands.

Yet other retailers will insist they are the authorised dealer of that particular brand, they usually hang the sign outside and say other retailers are not. So do u buy from them? Chances are, being authorised dealers their prices are slightly higher than others?

Others will insist on the Recommended Retail Price set by the agent but are "kind" enough to throw in "freebies". Whether these are real freebies or are they just clearing stock, one also wonders.

Then there are others who will recommend u some other camera other than a particular one u have in mind. Why? Because their profit margin could be higher for that they are recommending, clearing stock or simply to throw u off-guard since u may not be familiar with the price of the "new recommended" model and all its features.

As consumers, we have a tough time plus the fact that most consumers may not know their full rights. In Singapore, most pple buy cameras under the mercy of the retailers. Some retailers sell u the camera even without allowing u to try them. Just walk to most shops to ask to try a camera, most will give u the don't buy, don't see attitude. I think it is high time we as consumers be more educated abt some retailer's bad practices and do something abt it!

PS. I am not saying that all retailers are equally bad, there are some good ones who do not overcharge and provide good service, but we certainly have to be wary of those less desirable ones.