Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D600 - EN-EL15 Aged?

Default Re: D600 - EN-EL15 Aged?

So just for my info is the indication based on the the physical life of the battery, from date of manufacture, or based on the number of chargings?

Quote Originally Posted by slow trekker View Post
    So just for my info is the indication based on the the physical life of the battery, from date of manufacture, or based on the number of chargings?
    Li-Ion batteries have a charging life and cells weaken over time (chemical reactions). The age of the battery is a sign where it can no longer perform satisfactory and requires a new battery.

This is where my concern comes in. There's no way I can prove that I only used the EN-EL15 two times only but this is the truth. Will take it up with NSC this week when I drop by.

Maybe it's just my luck.

If I am not mistaken, batteries should be stored with >50% charge. So if a photo session drains battery to almost flat, need to recharge before storing away. My guess is if battery is stored in low charge mode, it can degrade quickly (shorten lifespan).
    D800 | N 50/1.8G | N 24-70/2.8G | T 150-600VC | S 35/1.4DG

Quote Originally Posted by boxerfan View Post
    If I am not mistaken, batteries should be stored with >50% charge. So if a photo session drains battery to almost flat, need to recharge before storing away. My guess is if battery is stored in low charge mode, it can degrade quickly (shorten lifespan).
    3 months old, used 2 times, a bit hard to argue, if that's the case, 1 year, will be age 4 after using 8 times?

Come to think of it, my enel15 keeps getting drained when I leave it in my battery grip attached to my d800 unused for a week or two. I turn off the camera when storing in my dry cabinet though.

Anyone experiences that?

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Come to think of it, my enel15 keeps getting drained when I leave it in my battery grip attached to my d800 unused for a week or two. I turn off the camera when storing in my dry cabinet though.

Anyone experiences that?
    Not mine. It's scary, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post

Not mine. It's scary, isn't it?
    Not sure if it's my 3rd grip that's causing the issue. I'll try storing the camera without the batteries.

If in doubt, bring your battery to Nikon Service Centre and let them take a look.

I visited NSC, and had my battery replaced.
    Nikon D70, P510, V1, D7100 w 80-400mm, 300mm f/2.8 Next............. D7200/D9300

Update:

Visited NSC today, left both D600s there for 'sensor cleaning' - 2 weeks.

Regarding the battery life issue, Nikon Service Centre changed a new one for me.

just a noob question...how do u chk battery age?

Quote Originally Posted by dennlow View Post
    just a noob question...how do u chk battery age?
    check first 5 digit of serial number...and under the settings menu..battery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12