Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile phone data plans: 4 GB 4G or 12 GB 3G?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mobile phone data plans: 4 GB 4G or 12 GB 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    IIRC, when the service providers introduced the cut from 12 GB to 2 GB, they said that existing users would retain their 12 GB limit as long as the existing users recontract; and that the 2 GB limit would only apply to new users.
    The 2GB data limit applies to all .......recontract and new subscribers ...... force you to upgrade ........ sh!t on them service providers .......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    curious la..just curious...

so means if dun RECONTRACT..still 12gb?

so...

if i go outside buy a non contract phone with 4g...heard must get a simcard card that is 4g rite? change that..(without changing contract,,) possible boh?

means..

change 4G phone, change to 4G simcard. can be done?
    Simcard no change, but on the telco side, they need to enable 4G before you can connect to 4G networks. If you do not recontract, they will not enable 4G for your simcard.

Ah ....I see..okay..suck thumb till recon....maybe 5G by then....before u press download it will read ur mind...LOL..
    On my Blacklist. u should blacklist this too.
    9022 9295

check with ur telco if they can activate the 4G service for u or not.

i did that for my 2nd line (Singtel) .
    the bill shows

Includes FREE: 4G VAS
    Flexi Value (with 12GB local Data) (Promo Rate)

I had some issue with my phone when I recontract early may. In just 4 days, I exceded 4GB. All the while I uses less than 2 GB. FYI, I recontract, got a new phone with it but I'm still using the same phone cos I gave the new phone to my son.

Please check your daily usage when you recontract. I'm using iphone4 so I have to install a 3rd party Apps (Datawiz) to monitor my usage. Andriod have a built in apps I was told. The service provider can offer me nothing to trace the high usage and from my monitoring, it outgoing data of about 20Mb every 10 minutes. (Datawiz monitors in block of 10 minutes). It even send data out when I'm sleeping. After 1 month (of course I disable my cellular data) I found out that its my email. Delete the email and now for month of June my usage is only less than 1 GB. LL have to pay about $12 extra for extra 2Gb for month of may.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I had some issue with my phone when I recontract early may. In just 4 days, I exceded 4GB. All the while I uses less than 2 GB. FYI, I recontract, got a new phone with it but I'm still using the same phone cos I gave the new phone to my son.

Please check your daily usage when you recontract. I'm using iphone4 so I have to install a 3rd party Apps (Datawiz) to monitor my usage. Andriod have a built in apps I was told. The service provider can offer me nothing to trace the high usage and from my monitoring, it outgoing data of about 20Mb every 10 minutes. (Datawiz monitors in block of 10 minutes). It even send data out when I'm sleeping. After 1 month (of course I disable my cellular data) I found out that its my email. Delete the email and now for month of June my usage is only less than 1 GB. LL have to pay about $12 extra for extra 2Gb for month of may.
    My colleague had similar problem with ip4s (iOS 6.0.1) even on normal 3G 12gb data. Checking settings - Usage - Cellular Usage, I could see the Received data shoot up every secs even when on WiFi. Changed sim card but no avail, only solution was to restore the phone back to factory setting.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

u guys try using apps? have apps for these.

im using android tried a few..quite accurate..
    Lost touch with IOS..but there is i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    u guys try using apps? have apps for these.

im using android tried a few..quite accurate..
    Lost touch with IOS..but there is i believe.
    I use Datawiz for iphone. Quite good as it shows where you use the data and when. Records in block of 10 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12