Thread: Wrong WB

Default Wrong WB

Hi,

I had taken some shots and discovered that the WB was accidentaly set to Flourescent instead. Now all the photos have a very pronounced bluish tinge to it.

Is there a plugin for Photoshop that I can use to correct the colours, or do I have to correct the colours one by one? Any suggestions on the simplest and fastest way to do the colour correction?

Thanks.

From,
    Diveraz

I believe you can change the wb in PS by setting the colour temperatue.Perhaps some experts can shed some light.

Deregistered

Try reducing the blue colour and push the red a bit.

Note that WB by ratio(ie, leveling) should be set in linear data instead of gamma-corrected data. The JPEGs are already gamma-corrected (usually 0.45 or 0.5), thus WB adjustments become nonlinear as well.
    Try adjusting curves or use color balance tool with differed low-mid-high settings.

Okie.. this tutorial isnt originally mine..
    im just translating the tutorial from Photoi Feb Issue into Photoshop.
    (I DO NOT OWN THIS TUTORIAL)

1: Make sure your eye-dropper tool is picking 3x3 average. (Select the Eye-Dropper tool, and Right-Click on the canvas, and choose 3x3)

2: Create a duplicated copy of the layer (CTRL+J)

3: Go to IMAGE -> ADJUSTMENT -> LEVELS (or CTRL+L)

4: In the Levels palette, double click the white eye dropper tool (the eye-dropper icon on the far right among the three eye-dropper icons)

5: Click on the non-highlighted white area from the original image to take the white colour sample, (and now dont move your mouse)

6: Use your keyboard, press TAB key down the RGB values, and copy whatever amount is in the RED Box to Green and Blue. (For example, if the value in the RED is 170, change the values of Green and Blue to 170 also.)

7: Now without moving the mouse, CLICK once again on the same spot you've clicked earlier.

8: (Now you can move your mouse again.. lol... now click on the OK button in the levels palette, and when it asks you if you want to set it as default, say NO!)

9: Now the colours of your your pic should be a bit more pleasing...

CHEERS!
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

post the pic here ... perhaps we can try and solve the problem,and then share our workflow solution here.

good luck!

waiaung -

This is one of the better ways of doing WB with JPEG without addressing the nonlinearity issue since Gamma 0.4-0.5 push midtone to highlight to match the characteristic curve of films.
    However, I shall again say that correcting WB during raw conversion is far easier and provides more consistent result through out all luminous levels in a single picture.