Thread: Shop credit card credibility?

Default Shop credit card credibility?

my friend who is not into photography recently asked me if I knew any shop called E*** G***. Wow of course I do! They sell some photog accessories and stuff great and cheap!

He gave me a strange stare and said.. "I got charged to me credit card by them and I have no idea what or where it is"

Anyone knows what course of action my friend can take now? He already contacted the credit card company who said "We'll check it out"
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Someone may have stolen your friends credit card no, and used it to buy something through the internet. First block your CC via the bank! And claim a refund, takes a few weeks though.......check with Eastgear too, in case they haven't send out the goods, it can save them money too!

Ask your friend too if he had received any emails asking him to update his CC details? He may have done that.........

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Someone may have stolen your friends credit card no, and used it to buy something through the internet. First block your CC via the bank! And claim a refund, takes a few weeks though.......check with Eastgear too, in case they haven't send out the goods, it can save them money too!

Ask your friend too if he had received any emails asking him to update his CC details? He may have done that.........

HS
    thanks. will advise him accordingly

Advertiser

Dear yanyewkay,

We have replied to your friend and the matter has been resolved.

He bought from our Kingston booth during IT Show 2005, but was unawared that the booth was managed by EastGear.

This is a physical transaction which requires the presence of the physical credit card to be swiped and the charge slip signed. Hence the chances for fraud is very minimal.

This transaction was not made via our online ecommerce site and there is no breach in our online transaction security.
    Last edited by EastGear; 25th April 2005 at 10:59 AM.
    EastGear Pte Ltd
    65 Ubi Crescent, Singapore 408559, Tel: +65 68371582 Fax: +65 68371583

wow.. thanks for clearing the air.
    didn't know even east gear has an account here.