Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iceland to catch nothern lights

Default Re: Iceland to catch nothern lights

For auroras, I think the widest and fastest lens would be the best bet. I did it with 12-24mm but F4. I have a 35mm F2.8, but it was too narrow, I was actually thinking of changing to Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 if I were to do this again.

Is anyone has experience about self-driving in Iceland during winter season and how is the condition like? I will be there in 1st week of December flying from Oslo and intend to rent a car to drive around the south coast and golden circle for 8 days. The route is still in planning stage.
    Last edited by louislkw; 14th August 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Driving in ice and snow is no easy and its left hand drive.

It is best to drive slower and stay away from the sides of the road as there can be ditches covered at the edge or the sides can be sloped and the car can skid into the deep snow.

Driving at night with high beam requires the driver to rest or change after long hours as the driver may suffer from eye fatigue and misjudge the road.

Quote Originally Posted by louislkw View Post
    Is anyone has experience about self-driving in Iceland during winter season and how is the condition like? I will be there in 1st week of December flying from Oslo and intend to rent a car to drive around the south coast and golden circle for 8 days. The route is still in planning stage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12