Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Electric shaver : Philips or Braun???

  1. #1

    Default Electric shaver : Philips or Braun???

    Hi Guys,

    Any comments between the Philips 8000 series or Braun Activator series...

    Thanx...
    Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hein
    Hi Guys,

    Any comments between the Philips 8000 series or Braun Activator series...

    Thanx...
    Philips doesn't make good shavers. Period.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    .
    so many people talk rubbish in this forum these days.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro
    so many people talk rubbish in this forum these days.
    Obviously a Philips user

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    Braun... I am using a Phlips electric shaver and it sucks big time. Diff to get clean shaves. Only my wallet is stopping me from getting a new Braun, which I hope to, soon.

  6. #6

    Default

    Brought a Braun some time back... but still ends up using my good-old 3-blade shaver, end up, gave the braun to my dad

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Braun... I am using a Phlips electric shaver and it sucks big time. Diff to get clean shaves. Only my wallet is stopping me from getting a new Braun, which I hope to, soon.
    My PRECISE sentiments. I have never used a Philips shaver that I liked.

    Friends don't let friends use Philips shavers

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Philips doesn't make good shavers. Period.

    hehe.. I currently have a Philips 8000 series shaver and my dad is kinda wanting (he REALLY WANTS it actually) it.... So, still deciding whether to get another one for him, or give him mine, and get a Braun.... I find the design of Braun better, and seems easier to get good shaves around the nose and lower neck area......

    Hehe guys.. I do have THINK BEARD... and really hope I can make a wise choise.....

    Too add to that, I still have my good old gillette shaver that I use once a while... I just takes too long to put the shaving foam and shave when I only have a short while to get ready to work....

    So, any more comments on that?????
    Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hein
    So, any more comments on that?????
    Quick, give your old man the Philips

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Philips doesn't make good shavers. Period.
    Yeah right, that's why my Philips shaver is still going strong after 25 years of daily and frequently twice daily use.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Yeah right, that's why my Philips shaver is still going strong after 25 years of daily and frequently twice daily use.
    Ian, the ones 25 years ago might be good, but I find that I have to shave twice everytime I pull out the Philips. The second time immediately with a Braun just to get a clean shave the Philips fails to deliver. Hahaha!

    But hey, maybe your face and whiskers are Philips friendly Good on you mate, good on you.

    [BTW, all my male friends agree with me, about Philips shavers being pointless]

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    philips 600 clean and good shave
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Been using a old top-end Braun 6550 for many years liao and still going strong!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    669

    Default

    by the way anyone using Braun Syncro 7526 or Braun Activator 8585? What is the price in S'pore?

    many thanks!

    rgds


    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Been using a old top-end Braun 6550 for many years liao and still going strong!
    Last edited by plinius; 28th April 2005 at 02:05 PM.

  15. #15

    Default

    I used Philips shaver, then switched to Braun. seems to gives pretty good shave until the foil got damaged and I was almost badly cutted. Can you imagine one of the little link in the foil broke and jut out as you run the shaver across your face??! Ugly! :~(
    So I switch back to Philips. May not be cleanly shaved but hey my face is still as handsome as before.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova_nebula
    I used Philips shaver, then switched to Braun. seems to gives pretty good shave until the foil got damaged and I was almost badly cutted. Can you imagine one of the little link in the foil broke and jut out as you run the shaver across your face??! Ugly! :~(
    So I switch back to Philips. May not be cleanly shaved but hey my face is still as handsome as before.
    The foil got damaged and almost badly cut your face... That sounds like something really bad with foil design then. . Anybody got anything comments on that???
    Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    I used a cheapo Braun 3770 and never could get a clean shave! I bought it myself, so offcourse going for the cheaper ones :-).....

    Then my girlfriend gave me a Philishave 686 and always get a clean shave since then. I don't know how a cheapo Braun compares to the better Braun shavers, but Philips is good enough for me.

    If you really want a good shave you have to do a wet shave..........

    Uncle Hong Sien has spoken

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    I have the same experience with Braun and switch to Philips. So far so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hein
    The foil got damaged and almost badly cut your face... That sounds like something really bad with foil design then. . Anybody got anything comments on that???

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I have the same experience with Braun and switch to Philips. So far so good.
    You guys must press REALLY hard most of the time. The thing with foil shavers is that you shouldn't. It's even in the instructions.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I used a cheapo Braun 3770 and never could get a clean shave! I bought it myself, so offcourse going for the cheaper ones :-).....

    Then my girlfriend gave me a Philishave 686 and always get a clean shave since then. I don't know how a cheapo Braun compares to the better Braun shavers, but Philips is good enough for me.

    If you really want a good shave you have to do a wet shave..........

    Uncle Hong Sien has spoken
    Your opinion can't be trusted here because of the obvious Dutch bias against the Germans!!! Such shameful partisan behaviour!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •