Hello All. I am new to this forum, and are new to photography too.
Hello TS, so mind to share what you've chosen? I am looking at these 2 cameras as well. some of my experience in photography are as follow.
- My bro own a Canon 60D. and i do have a few long days with it. However, after that, I realize that I do not know how to shot anything with it, other than using Auto Mode. ISO, aperture, shutter speed, are too complicated for me, at the moment.
- I never own any Point and shoot before either.
- However I am interested to learn more about photography, and are already bored with what my phone can do for me.
Why do I end up with looking at mirrorless camera?
- Camera must have tilt-able display, so that I can take a picture of myself and my girl, looking at the screen.
- No point and shoot camera (not too far off from smartphone camera..tell me if I am wrong), NO DSLR of canon 60D's size (too big and heavy)
- Budget around 1k SGD.
- Wifi connect to Smartphone would be good.
- love Miror-less camera's compact size, and light weight.
- thinking to bring it out almost everyday
I've so far tried Olympus PL5 from shops, and are happy with its speed to focus, to snap pictures, etc. However never try it's video mode. Also just know from this tread that Panasonic, Sony have a wide range to choose from.
Any other camera to try/consider, guys?
Appreciate any answers
Basically, the main strength of m43 is their lens.
It is the only mirrorless with 12-35mm(24-70) f2.8 and 35-100mm(70-200) f2.8.
The rest of the manufactures do not have or maybe don't want to produce constant zoom lens. Reasons maybe the size of the lens will still be too big and will look funny on their small mirrorless body. Or they don't not want to affect their full frame constant zoom lens sales. Panasonic and Olympus does not have such worries and will continue to produce great lens for m43.
If I will have to choose a APS-C mirrorless, it will be Fuji.
GM1,GX7,EPL5,GH2,GX1,EPM1 | 7.5FE | 7-14 | 12-35 | 35-100 | 20 | 14-42(x3)| 45 f2.8 | 45-200
- Camera must have tilt-able display, so that I can take self portrait, looking at the screen.
- Budget around 1k SGD. (less is good)
- Wifi connect to Smartphone would be good, but not a must
so camera that can flip screen 180° is an options to me.
btw come across a deal @ Harvey Norman @ Funan yesterday night,
Samsung NX300 selling S$999
Standard package (kit lens, etc) and many more freebies,
- additional 55-200mm lens
- Electronic Dry cabinet
- Extra Care Protection
- Extra battery
-2 x 8GB SDcard
- cleaning kit
and a few others can't remember clearly....sounds like a good deal also, with 2 lens... only thing for me is screen cannot tilt 180° to face forwards, though Wifi triggering is an options here.
the Samsung camera did they some how copy sony? the design looks about the same the name also about there, NX vs NEX