Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for Hard Drive Repair Shops

Default Re: Recommendations for Hard Drive Repair Shops

Check - Improper USB drivers or USB ports not enough power to support USB external hard drives.
    When you had problems, were you using the:
    • (if external hard drive is USB3) the USB3 cable;or
    • normal USB cable; or
    • the dual plug additional power USB cable

Did the repair shop confirm the price before they recover the data from the hard disk.
    If data is important/secret/sensitive then it is up to owner to decide whether to trust the repair shop.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 30th June 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Default Re: Recommendations for Hard Drive Repair Shops

Great advice! Also with regards to the sensitivity of the data, instead of taking the risk of leaking critical confidential data, you may approach those "proper" data recovery companies. I went to Data Savers Pte Ltd - Seagate Data Recovery Services Singapore www.datasavers.com.sg and got my data retrieved by them. I was given a Non-Disclosure Agreement aka NDA, which they informed and shown me they were using with MINDEF, Data Storage Institute, HSA... that kind of set my mind at ease..

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Check - Improper USB drivers or USB ports not enough power to support USB external hard drives.
    When you had problems, were you using the:
    (if external hard drive is USB3) the USB3 cable;or
    normal USB cable; or
    the dual plug additional power USB cable

Did the repair shop confirm the price before they recover the data from the hard disk.
    If data is important/secret/sensitive then it is up to owner to decide whether to trust the repair shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12