Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Panerai?

Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Hope so too , SG wise from conversations with Junghans the plan is to setup a service centre by end of 2013 first. Proper boutique wise don't think so soon yet ah.
    Din know u r a watch aficionado too... This thread quietened down alot... No more Paneristis here?
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

hi all, i like watches too and my dream watch is a Lange 1, but its way out of my league.

instead, i have gotten a Grand Seiko a few years back. Of course many would frown upon a luxury watch made in Japan, preferring European made...but after i found out about Grand Seiko's heritage, felt its made quality and the precision it delivers, which rivals most Western brands, I have fallen in love with it...something different, subtle and only for those in the know...

Seiko is one of the few that makes their own moments. many are just branding and of course design. Russian watches are also not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwomdem10 View Post
    hi all, i like watches too and my dream watch is a Lange 1, but its way out of my league.

instead, i have gotten a Grand Seiko a few years back. Of course many would frown upon a luxury watch made in Japan, preferring European made...but after i found out about Grand Seiko's heritage, felt its made quality and the precision it delivers, which rivals most Western brands, I have fallen in love with it...something different, subtle and only for those in the know...
    there was a rumor that one of the CEO of a swiss brand watch said that seiko makes the best mechanical watch in the world.
    too bad they only made GS models in a very limited edition IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    there was a rumor that one of the CEO of a swiss brand watch said that seiko makes the best mechanical watch in the world.
    the Seiko's GS chronometer testing are actually higher than swiss COSC certification, maybe thats why there's the rumor.

GS actually have a wide range in Japan, but they only started exporting outside Japan just a few years ago and the exported range is narrower than whats available in Japan. Also, since each watch is hand assembled and rigourously tested, though many of the parts are machined made, would explained their limited numbers.

GS don't have very complicated movements that european brands offer, but they have one of the most innovative movement in the Spring Drive. However, other than their divers series, most of GS design is more retro looking, which might put some people off as well.

but to me, its a good thing, as this makes GS all the more less main stream and rare.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwomdem10 View Post
    hi all, i like watches too and my dream watch is a Lange 1, but its way out of my league. instead, i have gotten a Grand Seiko a few years back. Of course many would frown upon a luxury watch made in Japan, preferring European made...but after i found out about Grand Seiko's heritage, felt its made quality and the precision it delivers, which rivals most Western brands, I have fallen in love with it...something different, subtle and only for those in the know...
    I love the Lange 1 too!

Was at Watches and Wonders a couple of weeks back, and boy was it a joy there!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

PAM 0312 user here also...

Quote Originally Posted by denzelwng4 View Post
    PAM 0312 user here also...
    Welcome fellow paneristi. Pam 389 here.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Din know u r a watch aficionado too... This thread quietened down alot... No more Paneristis here?
    haha, one of the few sins a guy can indulge in

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    actually Grand Seiko models aren't very limited worldwide, just locally. A good Grand Seiko can cost as much as an entry level Rolex. 'Best' can imply different things for example, accuracy, durability, complications or simply use of materials etc.

haha, one of the few sins a guy can indulge in
    A few sins like these r enuff. Cheers.

actually Grand Seiko models aren't very limited worldwide, just locally. A good Grand Seiko can cost as much as an entry level Rolex. 'Best' can imply different things for example, accuracy, durability, complications or simply use of materials etc.
    well.. the model that I'm keen on is only made 700 pcs. well, its good because I don't have the money anyway.. I have repented from these kind of hobbies

PAM 389.

Zeiss FE 55/1.8

PAM 389.

Zeiss FE 55/1.8
    Real poison =)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Real poison =)
    Got real n unreal meh? Haha.

Got real n unreal meh? Haha.
    Got ...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Got ...LOL
    Better not OT. Hope more paneristis will show more photos of their gems.

Better not OT. Hope more paneristis will show more photos of their gems.
    The OT is much in the A7 threads

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    The OT is much in the A7 threads
    Especially wif u around. Haha

A light revival - anyone at Watches and Wonders 2015?
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast