Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 143

Thread: Anyone into Panerai?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    I am sorry to say I m into Rolex.
    Currently Rolex explorer ii, stowa marine original and ball engineer master ii
    Heh.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    ok can share!

    hehe this is my daily beater

    taken with 60D



    taken with a mobile phone

    my flickr account

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Pams are too common, sad to say. Every Raffles place banker dude has one ( as well as a couple of rolexes, iwc, ap, Cartier ..)

  4. #24

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    rolex ugly sia...
    Objection !!!

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post

    I'm on the horology forums as well but I thought it would be nice to find a few photographers who happen to like Panerais as well.
    I prefer Breitling. ;-)
    Alpha

  6. #26
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Let's take it as an indirect compliment of your slender wrist.
    Thank you!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I was interested a couple of years ago but decided against it as given the price, it is unlikely that I would want to take it apart and explore the movements. I like to tinker with things.
    That's why they have sapphire backs for you to see the movement

  8. #28
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Your arm is too fair and too thin for this type of watch
    hurhurhur....... and here I am looking at the pair of thin and fair hands that made me enough to have a few indulgence in life! Not too bad afterall I think

  9. #29
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    nice watch Panerai's a no nonsense brand that really emphasizes on mechanical beauty and of course, durability.

    But i'm into IWC keke


    an upcoming brand every watch lover should watch out is Obris Morgan


    these 2 are my most worn everyday , photos belong to their respective owners.
    Was looking at the Portuguese Chrono too.

    Obris Morgan sounds American? It has that Sinn-like crown. Doesn't get in the way of the wrist if you wear it on the left hand.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    That is a nice watch you have there Kit.

    I looked at Panerai before. Very nice watches, just too expensive for me to afford.
    I understand, especially when you have more commitments than I do.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    Pams are too common, sad to say. Every Raffles place banker dude has one ( as well as a couple of rolexes, iwc, ap, Cartier ..)
    Panerai is a little different I think. To get the one you really like, you usually will have to take a number and wait for months. With 50 boutiques around the world, they don't make enough for everyone. That's probably why Panerai's pre-owned market is so vibrant and most people I know got them pre-owned. That would explain why they are so popular.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I prefer Breitling. ;-)
    Breitling is a nice utilitarian brand. Got a Superocean 42 and I think its time to send it in for a good polishing after 3 years!

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Panerai is a little different I think. To get the one you really like, you usually will have to take a number and wait for months. With 50 boutiques around the world, they don't make enough for everyone. That's probably why Panerai's pre-owned market is so vibrant and most people I know got them pre-owned. That would explain why they are so popular.
    True. Some also got them from overseas dealers (grey sets).

  14. #34

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    I realize that the obris Morgan uses miyotA aka Japanese seiko movements though...
    Canon 7D + Canon 24-105mmL , 17-55mm F2.8, 10-22mm.

  15. #35
    Member betta01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borneo rainforest
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    The Panerai Radiomir chronograph is the one that I fancy, not ruling out the possibility of getting it in the near future.
    My daily/work watch is an Omega Ploprof 1200m. Like it coz its not a common watch.
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance_myth View Post
    ok can share!

    hehe this is my daily beater

    taken with 60D



    taken with a mobile phone

    Daytona is nice sports model but mother of pearl dials and two tones are uhmmm. Nevermind. If full stainless with either white or black dials will be great!
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  17. #37

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    This looks like a small boy wearing his father's big watch.
    Kit, the solution is to get a tan. Actually if you get a stainless steel model it will look better because your fair skin and the black pvd(?) creates too high a contrast on your wrist.

    I was into watches but not PAM. The interest was wide and diversified from the James Bond watches like submariner and (yes I am shallow), to the Lemania 5100 chronographs (Sinn, Tutima, Fortis), to space travel related watches like speedmasters to ex-soviet union watches, to vintage seikos, to Casio G-Shocks and vintage Timex. Recently traded a rare X-33 Gen 2 for a shiny Breitling chrono (shallow move again in the eyes of some watch enthu to trade tech history for bling). Closest to panerai was a Precista Italian.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  18. #38
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Kit, the solution is to get a tan. Actually if you get a stainless steel model it will look better because your fair skin and the black pvd(?) creates too high a contrast on your wrist.

    I was into watches but not PAM. The interest was wide and diversified from the James Bond watches like submariner and (yes I am shallow), to the Lemania 5100 chronographs (Sinn, Tutima, Fortis), to space travel related watches like speedmasters to ex-soviet union watches, to vintage seikos, to Casio G-Shocks and vintage Timex. Recently traded a rare X-33 Gen 2 for a shiny Breitling chrono (shallow move again in the eyes of some watch enthu to trade tech history for bling). Closest to panerai was a Precista Italian.
    I work in construction so if I can have a tan, I would have gotten it already For some reason, I cannot get a tan. My skin will only go pinkish red under the sun.

    I was looking at specific Panerai models. The watch must have arabic numerals. I was looking at the 00359 but decided not to get stainless steel model as they can be easily scratched. I can be quite rough on watches. The 00441 is in a ceramic case which is more hard wearing. Something which I noticed only after buying the 00441 is that the matt black casing actually appears smaller than the other stainless steel or oro rosso casings. Its also less flashy. Unless you know your Panerai, its quite difficult to spot from a distance.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    The Complete History Of Panerai

    This is an educational and interesting read about Panerai. The first Panerais were made by Rolex!

  20. #40

    Default Re: Anyone into Panerai?

    That's COV-level money...

    If I ever splurge on a watch, it'd probably be a Junghans.





    (photos not mine)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •