23rd June 2013, 12:48 AM
HIGH END RETOUCHING WORKSHOP by PRATIK NAIK IN SINGAPORE AUG 31 - SEP1 2013
HouseOfStyle will be bringing Internationally acclaimed professional retoucher PRATIK NAIK of SolsticeRetouch in Singapore for a 2 day HIGH END RETOUCHING WORKSHOP.
WHEN : August 31 and September 01, 2013
WHERE : HouseOfStyle Studio
TIME : 9:30AM - 6PM
FEES : 450SGD for early bird discount (Deadline is 20th July)
: 480SGD after 20th July
FOR MORE INFO AND BOOKING PLEASE CONTACT 86451885
OR EMAIL email@example.com
- We talk about the fundamentals of shooting in a way where it will
allow you to retouch as little as possible.
- Customizing Photoshop for optimal performance.
- Wacom Tablets: Pros and cons of each and which version to choose.
- Using your mouse: The role in retouching.
- Customizing your Wacom tablet for retouching.
- Understanding your Wacom tablet and getting the most out of it.
- Color spaces – Difference between AdobeRGB, ProphotoRGB, sRGB and when to use each.
- Bit Depth – 8 bit vs 16 bit
- Flow vs Opacity – The real difference and what purpose each has in retouching.
- Raw processing – Bringing out the true potential of raw processing.
- Smart objects in retouching.
- Black and White processing.
- The most efficient and simplest workflow for retouching.
- Looking at each image and setting up a game plan on how to tackle each shot.
- Allowing Photoshop to help color correct files for you.
- The easy method of cleaning up backgrounds and backdrops.
- Dodging and Burning – The multiple ways of how to do it as easily as possible.
- Hair – The multiple ways to tackle hair cleanup.
- Healing Brush – The tool that is the principle of retouching. We talk
about all the details that lays the foundation for perfect retouching
and how to heal correctly. We also go over how to heal incorrectly and
how to execute the brush properly.
- Cloning – The execution and perfect place to use the healing brush, and how to use it to your advantage.
- Color Correcting – The easy way to color correct skin color casts and
- The ALTERNATIVE to dodging and burning – The fast way to retouch a
file, that takes place of dodging and burning all together, saving
hours for every image.
- Color work – How to modify colors of the image according to editorial standard.
We'll also be working on files from start to finish, first by watching
me, then together. The second day will also have time for
revision on anything that needs clarification. There will also be time
for me to go around the room to see everyone work, and allow them to
ask me questions as they are tackling images.
I will be showing you exactly what editors of major magazines and ad
agencies expect of me. I can answer any question on photography,
retouching, modeling, and makeup as it relates to the industry as
The seminar will be based on making every photographer as efficient
as possible, and showing multiple ways of tackling every issue,
allowing you to pick your favorite and easiest methods for every area.
We also look at ground breaking techniques that stay on the cutting
edge of retouching, including methods and setups.
Pratik's Editorial credentials include GQ, ELLE, Marie Claire, Z!NK, and many more. Celebrity credentials include Halle Berry, Cameron Diaz, Ellen Page, Paris Hilton and more. To see a complete list visit his website Solstice Retouch - Retoucher - High End Retouching
Check out this youtube video featuring Pratik! [FRAMED] Episode 8: Pratik Naik High End Retouching - YouTube