Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the signs of haze causing harm to our health?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What are the signs of haze causing harm to our health?

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    Not that I want the haze on anyone, it is a good turn that the haze now is at KL. I think some of the companies burning are malaysian companies. Solving this thing requires effort from all three countries.
    Some of the burning companies are also Singaporean too...

It is NOT a good turn... no one deserves choking air, not Singaporeans, not Malaysians, not Indonesians, no one. Punishment for sins of big businesses should not be laid upon the common people.

Not a good thing to say bro. That's kind of mean.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd June 2013 at 07:52 AM.

say too early....its back.....

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

no one deserves choking air, not Singaporeans, not Malaysians, not Indonesians, no one. Punishment for sins of big businesses should not be laid upon the common people.
    Namo Amitabha
    Last edited by ninelives; 23rd June 2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    PSI measures only PM10...
    Most advanced countries have already moved to to AQI which is based on PM2.5... I think PSI is not an accurate measure of air quality..
    You should look at PM2.5 (fine particulates) readings instead which you can also find at NEA website. PSI is based on PM10 (rough particulates).
    Some info on PM2.5.
    PM2.5: Invisible Killer - CNTV English
    What is missing now is a clear translation of the PM2.5 absolute readings into the summarized index. I cannot understand what stops NEA here and it certainly casts a very bad light on them (not just due to the haze).
    Using Britain's way we would be in the highest ranking constantly, dripping below that only with today's figures.
    EOS

Whatever method to measure we are here and we know for sure the air is bad. No point saying 24 hours average is OK, we know it is not OK.

I strongly feel the MOM must states what action is expected from employers once the PSI hits a certain level. We cannot stop work altogether but maybe max exposure is 3 hours? Do we have any SOP for haze?

The government is in a very difficult situation as they do not have a solution now. We need to support them and we will ride through this together.

Muar has reading of 760. MLY minister going to Indonesia on Tuesday on this matter. Will he be bringing an envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    What is missing now is a clear translation of the PM2.5 absolute readings into the summarized index. I cannot understand what stops NEA here and it certainly casts a very bad light on them (not just due to the haze).
    Using Britain's way we would be in the highest ranking constantly, dripping below that only with today's figures.
    Found a paper for Europe, dated July 2011: http://www.eionet.europa.eu/events/E...ETC_ACM_Report
    Chapter 3.3, page 13, talks about the PM10 and PM2.5 targets for EU. Now let's compare this with Singapore ..
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12