Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

  1. #1
    Member Aikiway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    on the east side of Singapore
    Posts
    278

    Default The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Recently been reading a lot about how photographer sabo model by leaking, distributing their nude/partially nude shots in the Internet, especially in adult forums. Also, read about how TFCD models bully photographers to give up all their rights to their works just coz the subject is them. What are your views on this? How should one protect him/herself from this kinda abuse? If wanna whistle-blow, how should it be done in a ethical manner?
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiway View Post
    Recently been reading a lot about how photographer sabo model by leaking, distributing their nude/partially nude shots in the Internet, especially in adult forums.
    some tiko will do it, whether is TFCD or paid shoot, that is their main motive of buying a cameras, I don't think we should to classify them as photographers, and all what we can say is "model beware!"


    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/model...ead%2A%2A.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiway View Post
    Also, read about how TFCD models bully photographers to give up all their rights to their works just coz the subject is them. What are your views on this? How should one protect him/herself from this kinda abuse? If wanna whistle-blow, how should it be done in a ethical manner?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/photo...-building.html


    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/gener...-tfcd-tfp.html
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default

    Well as more n more of such cases arises, it shd send a msg across to e girls to be careful of who's e photographer. Try to check their reputation or judge if they can be trusted. In such cases its both ways, e ethics of pg n e judgement of model. On e other hand, it would be good if a simple mutual agreement could be drafted out in b&w.
    I've encountered a few uncles in a grp photoshoot who requested e model to stand on a table when she's wearing a skirt n no protection inside, I told e model not to do it if she uncomfortable with it. So I guess it still boils down to a pg's ethic values.
    To you, they may be just a pet but to them, u r their everything

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacus21 View Post
    I've encountered a few uncles in a grp photoshoot who requested e model to stand on a table when she's wearing a skirt n no protection inside, I told e model not to do it if she uncomfortable with it. So I guess it still boils down to a pg's ethic values.
    Thats the reason ppl paid to shoot model isnt it ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanof4 View Post

    Thats the reason ppl paid to shoot model isnt it ?
    Then might as well pay a sex worker to do any kind of pose. Plus u get extras.
    hi

  6. #6

    Default

    Ppl who enjoy peeking at girls doesnt necessary need visit prostitute ..

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacus21 View Post
    Well as more n more of such cases arises, it shd send a msg across to e girls to be careful of who's e photographer. Try to check their reputation or judge if they can be trusted. In such cases its both ways, e ethics of pg n e judgement of model. On e other hand, it would be good if a simple mutual agreement could be drafted out in b&w.
    I've encountered a few uncles in a grp photoshoot who requested e model to stand on a table when she's wearing a skirt n no protection inside, I told e model not to do it if she uncomfortable with it. So I guess it still boils down to a pg's ethic values.
    why you need to mention "a few uncles"? you want many uncles here to come and whack your head izit?

    AFAIK, those who had their stories appear on newspapers, facebook, online news, none of them are belong to uncle category, like the one "finger lickin' good" probably younger than you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    In the end, paid or TFCD, best to have a contract/agreement drafted out. Make sure both parties are fully aware of the terms before signing. Best way to avoid any disagreement after.

  9. #9

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    and "models" please beware of "photographers" who love to walk around with a razor ready to shave off unwanted hair

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and "models" please beware of "photographers" who love to walk around with a razor ready to shave off unwanted hair
    Goodness, is there one that does this? Hmm, I do know one photographer who has 'razor' as part of his moniker..lol but can't be him!

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and "models" please beware of "photographers" who love to walk around with a razor ready to shave off unwanted hair
    Sometimes... there are more than meets the eye... a deeper story than the one presented...

    For the rest of us, we just move on and don't care too much.

  12. #12

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    Goodness, is there one that does this? Hmm, I do know one photographer who has 'razor' as part of his moniker..lol but can't be him!
    no, it's not him

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Sometimes... there are more than meets the eye... a deeper story than the one presented...

    For the rest of us, we just move on and don't care too much.
    there always is. but just great for everyone to beware of such things

  13. #13

    Default

    Lol uncles as in my experience but with tat said, there are surely "black Sheeps" among any age category.
    Paid photoshoots for that kinda posing huh hmm guess if there's mutual respect and e model is comfortable wif it, I dun think i will have issues wif it.
    N pls don't whack my head, I dun mean it as "1 pole hit e whole whole boat of peeps" =x
    To you, they may be just a pet but to them, u r their everything

  14. #14

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    In the absence of an agreement we fall back onto law defaults or common law.

  15. #15
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default

    Common law says, no payment made to photographers, phtotogrpahers own the rights.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Common law says, no payment made to photographers, phtotogrpahers own the rights.
    But what about the rights of the subjects in the photographs?
    hi

  17. #17
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: The photographer, model and his/her rights in a paid or TFCD shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    But what about the rights of the subjects in the photographs?
    nope, ones face show up in the photos, does not make him/her the owner of the photos, since he/her is not the one push the shutter release button, other than self portrait.


    Ownership

    Generally, the person who created the work (i.e. the author) owns the copyright in the work. However, there are exceptions to this general rule. Some exceptions are:

    Employment: If the work is created by an employee pursuant to the terms of his employment, the employer owns the copyright in the work.

    Special situation for newspaper/magazine/periodical employees: Where an employee of a newspaper, magazine or periodical creates a literary, dramatic or artistic work pursuant to the terms of his employment and for the purpose of publication in a newspaper, magazine or periodical, the proprietor of the newspaper, magazine or periodical owns the copyright in respect of publication in or reproduction for the purpose of publication in any newspaper, magazine or periodical. The employee owns the remaining rights that make up the copyright bundle of exclusive rights.

    Commissioning: If a portrait/photograph/engraving is commissioned by another party, the commissioner owns the copyright in the work. If the portrait/photograph/engraving is required for a particular purpose, this purpose must be communicated to the commissioned party. While the commissioner is the copyright owner, the commissioned party has the right to stop others from doing any act comprised in the copyright, unless such act is done for the particular purpose for which the portrait/photograph/engraving is created.

    For other types of commissioned works, ownership belongs to the commissioned party, unless the commissioner and commissioned party otherwise agree.

    As mentioned in the introduction, the copyright owner may transfer his rights to another party or entity either partially or wholly.
    Ownership and rights
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •