I will going to Iceland from the 15 July till the 24th September and was hoping I can get some advices from fellow members that have been there before.
I have a few questions regarding the trip:
1)I will be backpacking, travelling alone and will be camping out in the wild(with a tent) to cut cost and was wondering if there are any cost effective ways for me to travel around the country? I was thinking of renting a 4WD for a duration of 2 weeks and spend the rest of the trip hitch-hiking or taking the bus around as I've found out that it can be quite costly to rent a vehicle for the whole duration of the trip.
2) how much does would it roughly cost to pump full tank for petrol? Say a standard sedan or 4WD.
3) Are Credit cards readily accepted? considering the long period of time I will be there, I was thinking of carrying minimal amount of cash and use CC to pay for everything instead.
1) from your experience, which focal length do you most regularly use during your trip to Iceland? Wide? Ultra Wide or Telephotos? I want to minimise the amount of camera gear I am bringing as I will be carrying my camping gears too.
2) I learnt that during the summer, the daylight hours are very long and "golden hour" can quite often last for a long time. In that case, what is the best time to sleep so I can best maximise my day?
3) Can you recommend the places that I die die must go for photography and how much time should I allocate for each region , north,south,east etc..??
Last but not least, any other advice that might help me prepare for this trip would be most appreciated!