Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brace urself.....

Good to know CC s are distributing free masks, limited to the number of paxs per household..
    Parents just collected a Couple earlier today.

Read news of tcm stores giving out free masks too.. one of my friend who helps his dad run a tcm store in bedok is also selling masks at cost too.. just sharing some places people can find masks..
    Mask stocks should be sufficient island wide..3m factory is in sg anyway, it's probably just logistics that's why stores ran OOS..
    Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos..~ ;)

Default Re: Brace urself.....

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    seems like that group can cause a mass stampede to each pharmacy outlet
    That's one of the fragile aspects of Singapore. Every rumour is faster than a taxi ride from East to West. Now let's put this into perspective of the "Internet License" that MDA wants to impose on news websites with a certain reach.
    Obviously, many are struggling to find an answer to this challenge.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    That's one of the fragile aspects of Singapore. Every rumour is faster than a taxi ride from East to West. Now let's put this into perspective of the "Internet License" that MDA wants to impose on news websites with a certain reach.
    Obviously, many are struggling to find an answer to this challenge.
    I think is the kiasi mentality of singaporeans. Everyone buy 20-30.... you will need a lot of facemasks...

I just have one.... my company provides free facemask to people. You can exchange facemask FOC once it is dirty. This I think is a VERY GOOD practice.

Instead of releasing all the facemasks to paranoid hoarders, just give free face mask to everyone. Allow exchange at maybe $1 per piece or free. Do this for all government offices, and encourage private companies to do that.

Parents can get extra for their children. Common sense, one per person. exchange as needed.

As you can see, sometimes the government just takes the easy way out.... releasing MOH facemask to the market... you get hoarders, profiteers, everyone go and queue... nothing to do meh. If you limit it to exchange, it is very hard for people to profit or hoard.
    Last edited by dniwkh; 23rd June 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post

I think is the kiasi mentality of singaporeans. Everyone buy 20-30.... you will need a lot of facemasks...

I just have one.... my company provides free facemask to people. You can exchange facemask FOC once it is dirty. This I think is a VERY GOOD practice.

Instead of releasing all the facemasks to paranoid hoarders, just give free face mask to everyone. Allow exchange at maybe $1 per piece or free. Do this for all government offices, and encourage private companies to do that.

Parents can get extra for their children. Common sense, one per person. exchange as needed.

As you can see, sometimes the government just takes the easy way out.... releasing MOH facemask to the market... you get hoarders, profiteers, everyone go and queue... nothing to do meh. If you limit it to exchange, it is very hard for people to profit or hoard.
    Common structural problem anywhere.. people over reacts n the garmen underreacts..
    It will still take a few more crisis for the country to learn how to be prepared..

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualBear View Post
    Common structural problem anywhere.. people over reacts n the garmen underreacts..
    It will still take a few more crisis for the country to learn how to be prepared..
    Government mentality is easy to understand and sympathize. Pay is fixed, if do less, less go wrong. Do nothing, nothing go wrong. Now people can just go criticize profiteers, hoarders, pharmacies, hospitals, whatever. If they set up a meachanism, the mechanism sure to receive all the complaints.

Actually a lot of people do not care and never bought any mask. I am one of them. Just avoid the smoke. Have faith in mystery envelopes.

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/central/m/

API site.. not sure the authenticity of the figures shown on site... probably good if we can get some verification from someone who works in this field to confirm.

i can only think of those masks available now...malaysians and thais will be buying them..and send back to their countries..

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    i can only think of those masks available now...malaysians and thais will be buying them..and send back to their countries..
    is that a bad thing? or a good thing from your perspective

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234