Thread: Sensor size

Deregistered

Default Sensor size

Hi,
    Is there any different btw camera with bigger sensor size as compare to the smaller one.
    If you buy a SLR, will you go for camera with bigger sensor?

Bigger sensor means lesser noise at higher ISO levels. If you wanna buy a DSLR, then go for the biggest sensor you can get. That's why the 1DsMKII is so expensive. If you buy a SLR then your sensor size will always be the same.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Right now there are basically 3 types of sensor size i.e Full frame, APS and 4/3.

If i want the wide angle, if i want all the boombastic functions, if i want a robotisc body and of course if i HAVE THE MONEY!!!!! YES, i want a Full frame DSLR.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Bigger sensor means lesser noise at higher ISO levels. If you wanna buy a DSLR, then go for the biggest sensor you can get. That's why the 1DsMKII is so expensive. If you buy a SLR then your sensor size will always be the same.
    Is bigger sensor means sharper photo as well? Actually I'm looking at 350D, D70 and Olympus E-300.
    I think 350D has the smallest sensor.. but noise performance at hign ISO is the BEST.
    Someone told me Olympus has the sharpest photo.. due to largest sensor.. 3/4 format??

BTW, is it true that CMOS sensor is not as sharp as CCD??

Frankly I like 350D..and I want my camera to last for next few years.. just by upgrading the lens..
    not because I need larger sensor or type of sensor..

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesthruthelens
    Is bigger sensor means sharper photo as well? Actually I'm looking at 350D, D70 and Olympus E-300.
    I think 350D has the smallest sensor.. but noise performance at hign ISO is the BEST.
    Someone told me Olympus has the sharpest photo.. due to largest sensor.. 3/4 format??

BTW, is it true that CMOS sensor is not as sharp as CCD??

Frankly I like 350D..and I want my camera to last for next few years.. just by upgrading the lens..
    not because I need larger sensor or type of sensor..

actually, E-300 has the smallest sensor size. but that doesn't cripple it from taking colourful pics.

click here:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...48#post1233448

also not true that CMOS sensor is not as sharp as CCD.

if u like 350D, go get it.

if u want biggest sensor among the consumer level DSLR, get a Nikon. it has 1.5x crop sensor.

personally, i like the colours from CCDs over CMOS & particularly like the colours from Oly. so as u can see here, personal taste & preference plays a big part in making a purchasing decision, specs & reviews can only tell u this much.

happy shopping!!