Thread: Something Off-Topic: Bocelli Chat

Exclamation Something Off-Topic: Bocelli Chat

Hey, I was curious whether or not Andrea Bocelli's fanbase was as big as they say -- I recently got into his music after seeing him live at the Universal Amphitheatre. And I really don't listen to much classical music, but I got a deal on his new CD "Andrea" and I've really liked it so far. It's actually a CD of love songs in Italian, Spanish, and English -- so I'm a little clueless on the actual words. He's a great singer though, goes from smooth to gritty. He's much better than what my friends made him out to be.

Anyone else listen to him at all?

Nessa

Quote Originally Posted by NessaC
    Hey, I was curious whether or not Andrea Bocelli's fanbase was as big as they say -- I recently got into his music after seeing him live at the Universal Amphitheatre. And I really don't listen to much classical music, but I got a deal on his new CD "Andrea" and I've really liked it so far. It's actually a CD of love songs in Italian, Spanish, and English -- so I'm a little clueless on the actual words. He's a great singer though, goes from smooth to gritty. He's much better than what my friends made him out to be.

Anyone else listen to him at all?

Nessa
    If you like him, you must like Josh Groban, Mario Frangoulis, or Russel Watson ........ em one of classical fans .....

Not really leh... Josh Groban is alot more contemporary, so is russell watson. Andrea is more on Opera side.

My all time fav song of his is Sogno, try and listen and you can feel the song through listening without understanding the lyrics.

It;s indeed music without boundaries....

I too like Andrea Bocelli's singing. My favourite piece is him singing "Time To Say Goodbye" duet with Sarah Brightman.

Sogno is my all time favorite.....meaning 'dreams'
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

wow.. bocelli kakis here

Sogno is also my fave for Bocelli. Have a few of his albums, and I like the Romanza and Sogno albums best.

Beside Sogno, I like his duet with Celine Dion too, The Prayer. Just lift my spirit whenever I hear these two superb singers.

Agreed with nemesis that the others are in a different league. Bocelli is more classical, more in the league of the tenors. but somehow, I think he has managed what pavarotti hasnt managed - to be able to do classical, and still win some pop audience over.

The best part of knowing this great singer was through one 'ah beng' friend who speaks hokien 80% of the time and yet he also can appreciate this type of songs...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

and there you have it, music overcomes all boundaries and breaks down all walls - be it racial, idealogies, languages, different schools of thoughts, classes,...

Quote Originally Posted by nicZnap
    wow.. bocelli kakis here

Sogno is also my fave for Bocelli. Have a few of his albums, and I like the Romanza and Sogno albums best.

Beside Sogno, I like his duet with Celine Dion too, The Prayer. Just lift my spirit whenever I hear these two superb singers.

Agreed with nemesis that the others are in a different league. Bocelli is more classical, more in the league of the tenors. but somehow, I think he has managed what pavarotti hasnt managed - to be able to do classical, and still win some pop audience over.
    To be honest, Andrea Bocelli's voice is considered weak amongst the classical tenors and i think Russell watson had a better voice also!

However, i do feel he wins a bit of sympathy votes as he's blind and also relied on Celine Dion a bit to break into the pop/contempory world.

Try....listen to BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY .... re-sing by Russel Watson ..... the music already rearranged a bit ... you can find from his "REPRISE" album....

I'll have to check out Russel Watson as well, thanks for the recommendation guys. Bohemian Rhapsody, that has to be interesting, I used to listen to Queen quite a bit, speaking of great vocalists! I guess Andrea is pretty well-known, and for good reasons I guess.