Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    NEA should have people on standby to watch out and anticipate. anybody fly there? summon their ambassador?

every year this time bound to have this problem! sickening!

there is no Damage control? this style is very unlike us?
    No need to talk to Indons anymore.

Every year is also like that one.

Ask the Big Brother USA to show them some true colours.

It's an war against international air pollution offenders.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th June 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ........ what then? ....... wait for it to escalate to psi 290 like the situation we are in now?

It is going to get worse anyway ...... we are deep sh!t now.......
    indonesians are suffering way more because their government officially screwed them over.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    3) complaining and whining here doesn't do jack shite. call up your bosses to see what your company's stand on the high PSI levels is. rather than whine about it, do something proactive on your own
    I am your common sense long time admirer.

Please note that we are all turning our big fans full blast facing Indon. That will send bad air back to them.

This is what you call proactive.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th June 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

put yourselves in the minister's shoes. his department and himself are caught in between. would you like to trade places with him?

Yes ........and I definitely would do what I am paid to do .... that does not include sleeping on the job.......

Yes .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Saw this on MP Alex Yam FB.

(Updated - Government Press Conference at 11.30pm. 11pm PSI has fallen from the 10pm "Hazardous" range at 321 to 282 in the "Very Unhealthy" range) Dear all, I have just confirmed with Minister for the Environment and Water Resources that the 290 PSI reading is not a typo. Please stand by for a Ministerial Statement to be issued shortly.

As the PSI has jumped 100 points into the unhealthy range, I urge everyone to take all necessary precautions. Do not undertake strenuous activities.

I have asked all grassroots volunteers to prepare for contingencies for the following few days.
    This what I want to see, some form of official word.

I know what actions I need to take for me and my family, just an official acknowledgement that the Govt care for the citizens, not only during pre elections.

It's not whining.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 19th June 2013 at 11:42 PM.

PSI 321?
    I guess they will skipping fogging for mossies in my estate this week...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

I pray hard my osim hepa filter dun die on me ... its been working at max power since last few day ...

Yes ........and I definitely would do what I am paid to do .... that does not include sleeping on the job.......

Yes .........
    You cannot blame him, Ba Bang (beat mosquito) for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    You cannot blame him, Ba Bang (beat mosquito) for too long.
    Ba Bang got get any mozzie or not.

Look at our Kopitiam heros. They already got so many mozzies in bottles without even have to Ba Bang.

Let's make these people our leaders.

It took the PSI to reach 320 before we starts to see some names of companies owning plantations over there. Among the 6 or so companies, their total land is already how many percent of the land currently under fire?

To me this is very reactive of the ministry. With today's technology, we cannot even determine if those hot spots are on these companies plantations or not? We also do. It know who are their clients? We seem not to know many things!

SAR has yellow, orange or red alert. Haze we wait till 320 yet we don't even have a clue where it came from?? Have we failed badly??

Everyone could see that the haze is worst than yesterday but the PSI has dropped from 321 to 122. We are really becoming like China.

Blog Entries

Q
    Everyone could see that the haze is worst than yesterday but the PSI has dropped from 321 to 122. We are really becoming like China.

What to do? Must safeguard the economy first ...... LL psi 400 also MUST go to work ......the authorities won't have the balls to issue a stop-work order for sure .......

Q

What to do? Must safeguard the economy first ...... LL psi 400 also MUST go to work ......the authorities won't have the balls to issue a stop-work order for sure .......
    You are quite right. "MOM may issue stop-work orders" is a redundant statement, obviously the criteria for such a stop-work order would be a PSI-reading of 300. What if the PSI remain above 300 or sporadically surpasses 300 everyday, they obviously cannot shutdown Singapore for a week. Like you said so well "must safeguard the economy first."

The Government will implement contingency plans such as closing schools and sports complex, if necessary, and the Ministry of Manpower may issue stop-work orders depending on the seriousness of the haze situation, said Environment and Water Resources Minister Vivian Balakrishan tonight (June 19).

Correction... In most of china, the air pollution is still way better than what we are seeing in the past few days... I have been travelling to and fro China (namely Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Dongguan and Qingdao) and I have friends in other parts of China, we did not encounter this type of pollution... at least we can still see and breath properly.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

There is an online report saying someone spotted NEA posted PSI393 for a short while before changing it to 321... Anyone has any means to check if this is true?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Correction... In most of china, the air pollution is still way better than what we are seeing in the past few days... I have been travelling to and fro China (namely Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Dongguan and Qingdao) and I have friends in other parts of China, we did not encounter this type of pollution... at least we can still see and breath properly.
    Yes, I was just back from Beijing, had many days of blue sky. But this is what I meant:
    China warns foreign embassies not to monitor pollution

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    In Beijing, they seed the clouds when the PSI is hovering around 250 ......... can we do the same here? I don't think so ....... we have to save up for the upcoming NDP ........

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    There is an online report saying someone spotted NEA posted PSI393 for a short while before changing it to 321... Anyone has any means to check if this is true?
    Censored
    Last edited by An drew; 25th June 2013 at 08:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    .......lets wait till tonite when you are already home ....... by then you will get a true reflection of the PSI for the day ......... anyway please be careful if you are driving because the visibility is very low.......
    Last edited by Zenten; 20th June 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast