Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 282

Thread: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

  1. #81
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,454

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    "The wind speed was only 5-20 km/h. It needs to be some 30 km/h to reach Singapore."

    Singapore pressures RI to identify firms behind haze | The Jakarta Post

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    911

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    I heard that if PSI hits 200, everyone has to stay indoors. True or not? ........ smoke a few more sticks ..... then no need to go to work?
    Govt can only advise, no employer will ever tell their employees to not come to work. They can only tell you up to your own discretion.

    In 1997, when it hit 226 on PSI, I still remember going to work. That one really choking.

    In a way it's a catch 22 thing with this haze. If ever it goes beyond 300, again it's up to you. You take MC, year end appraisal affected. By then, your boss forget the reason for the MC, only how many MC you get in 2013.

    Essential services staff still need to report for work. I think something like a nuclear meltdown like Chernobyl in our backyard then everyone need to stay indoors. Where to run?
    Last edited by greenieadi; 19th June 2013 at 05:29 PM.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post

    Better just let sleeping dogs lie ........... PSI now 172 since he had spoken to his Indonesian counterpart .......adding fuel to fire? .........
    He haf tried his best liao la.

    Certain things r indeed beyond his control.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Govt can only advise, no employer will ever tell their employees to not come to work. They can only tell you up to your own discretion.

    In 1997, when it hit 226 on PSI, I still remember going to work. That one really choking.

    In a way it's a catch 22 thing with this haze. If ever it goes beyond 300, again it's up to you. You take MC, year end appraisal affected. By then, your boss forget the reason for the MC, only how many MC you get in 2013.

    Essential services staff still need to report for work. I think something like a nuclear meltdown like Chernobyl in our backyard then everyone need to stay indoors. Where to run?
    ...... thanks man .....anyway, I gave up smoking long ago ......... the haze got me tempted again ...... I think smell Marlboro now .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    He haf tried his best liao la.

    Certain things r indeed beyond his control.
    Ya lor quite true ......but everything also want to argue ......... no wonder they never put him in charge of foreign affairs ..........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  6. #86
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    I think something like a nuclear meltdown like Chernobyl in our backyard then everyone need to stay indoors. Where to run?
    Can run to Johore.

    I'm sure they welcome us. More business for the robbers and thieves there.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Can run to Johore.

    I'm sure they welcome us. More business for the robbers and thieves there.
    He just pulling your leg lah ........ nuclear meltdown where got time to run ...... anyway you now got one leg which is a bit longer ..........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Wah piangz ...... now really damn jialat ....... psi must be at least 250 ......... cough cough .......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Wah piangz ...... now really damn jialat ....... psi must be at least 250 ......... cough cough .......

    ......... I think now is the best time to invite Yudhoyono here for a smoke ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  10. #90
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Wah piangz ...... now really damn jialat ....... psi must be at least 250 ......... cough cough .......
    Better start running before the stampede across Johore Causeway.

  11. #91
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Our enemies are coming.

    First they send mozzies.

    Now they are sending haze.

    It's time to rally the people to rise up against the common enemies.

    Last edited by Sion; 19th June 2013 at 06:56 PM.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    PSI hits 190 at 8pm.
    Nikon D70s, Nikkor 18-70 f3.5-4.5

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    911

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Worst ever at 9pm PSI 290!!!! Like previous nights 10-11pm should be worst. Brace yourselves guys.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Alpha

  15. #95

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    I'm glad I have a HEPA air filter an ionizer in my bedroom. It's really noticeable when you walk in and it's "aaaaaah fresh air"
    Alpha

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Worst ever at 9pm PSI 290!!!! Like previous nights 10-11pm should be worst. Brace yourselves guys.
    So are we still reporting for work tmrw? ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  17. #97

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Just now I walk back from MRT station around 9:30pm, still got people playing badminton in outdoor court

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Haze in Singapore hits historical high, PSI at 290


    Earlier on Wednesday, Environment Minister Vivian Balakrishnan acknowledged that Singaporeans are "very frustrated, angry and distressed about the situation......
    Is that all he can say ....... what an understatement!!!

    Whatever happened to the satellite system that was used to monitor hot spots in our region?


    I say that all those guys are just sleeping on the job .......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  19. #99

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Is that all he can say ....... what an understatement!!!

    Whatever happened to the satellite system that was used to monitor hot spots in our region?


    I say that all those guys are just sleeping on the job .......
    you can see hotspot also no use leh. what u gonna do? invade indonesia?

  20. #100
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,335

    Default Re: Haze really due to burning by farmers?


Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •