Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ideas for company photography events

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    503

    Default Ideas for company photography events

    Hi Guys,

    just want to seek some ideas as I've been part of a photography committee in our company where its objectives is to create fun filled photography events throughout the year. Can you please share some ideas, thoughts, suggestions that can make a good event? thanks in advance.

    cheers.
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    company size: ?
    demographic: ?
    objective: ?
    frequency: ?
    budget: ?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkriegh View Post
    Hi Guys,

    just want to seek some ideas as I've been part of a photography committee in our company where its objectives is to create fun filled photography events throughout the year. Can you please share some ideas, thoughts, suggestions that can make a good event? thanks in advance.

    cheers.
    get a few nude models have a shoot around your company grounds

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    company size: ?
    demographic: ?
    objective: ?
    frequency: ?
    budget: ?
    Size: avg 20-50+ participants or more. Company size is 2500+
    Demographic: central
    Objective: promote social events, gathering, fun
    Frequency: 2-3x per year
    Budget: not really sure here but from a participant, it should be free atleast.

    For example:
    Instagram contest of a particular theme
    Photo outings

    Just want to gather more ideas. Appreciate any company-friendly activities suggestions
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post

    get a few nude models have a shoot around your company grounds
    Your comment is funny but irrelevant here.
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

  6. #6

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    FYI, "demographic" ≠ "geographic"

    The 'demographics' that Catchlights was referring to would be things like age and gender distribution, profession, income level etc. What is fun for a 20-something may not be fun for a fifty-something.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkriegh View Post
    Size: avg 20-50+ participants or more. Company size is 2500+
    Demographic: central
    Objective: promote social events, gathering, fun
    Frequency: 2-3x per year
    Budget: not really sure here but from a participant, it should be free atleast.

    For example:
    Instagram contest of a particular theme
    Photo outings

    Just want to gather more ideas. Appreciate any company-friendly activities suggestions

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    Probably some photography informal lesson which your committee can introduce/educate those who are interested and wish to find out more on photography?
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    FYI, "demographic" ≠ "geographic"

    The 'demographics' that Catchlights was referring to would be things like age and gender distribution, profession, income level etc. What is fun for a 20-something may not be fun for a fifty-something.
    My bad lol. Thanks for correcting me.
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    model shoots and tips & tricks sharing sessions come to mind.

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    Macros and close-ups (but please exclude keyboards ), then make a game to guess where the item can be found in the office buildings.
    EOS

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    hmmm may take a leaf out of the "Outings" section...shoot at zoo, garden by the bays etc.

  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Ideas for company photography events

    I might know what company you're from..

    anyway, for activities you can do inside your company and during office hours, can try invite some photographers specialise in certain field to give talks, like how to take better travel and holiday photos, or food photography.

    or can organise some photo sessions using own staffs as models, like couple theme, kids theme, family theme, pets theme.

    or makeover sessions for some female staffs.


    hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Macros and close-ups (but please exclude keyboards ), then make a game to guess where the item can be found in the office buildings.
    Thanks. I like this idea
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I might know what company you're from..

    anyway, for activities you can do inside your company and during office hours, can try invite some photographers specialise in certain field to give talks, like how to take better travel and holiday photos, or food photography.

    or can organise some photo sessions using own staffs as models, like couple theme, kids theme, family theme, pets theme.

    or makeover sessions for some female staffs.

    hope this help.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. This is a good one.
    Olympus OMD EM-5 | 12-50mm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •