Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ethical dilemma . serious thread!

Actually what's so serious abt this issue?

Some will only save their own ass.

Default Re: Ethical dilemma . serious thread!

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Actually what's so serious abt this issue?
    So many model answers.

Realistically, some children as nominated beneficiaries will probably watch their parents die as they start fantasising what to do with the CPF, inheritance and insurance payout. Maybe even help to expedite and ensure that they remain dead.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I don't know what human will do, but loyal dog won't leave fallen companion.

living the rest of your life with regret ain't fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Duty or devotion? imagine you are the parent of a young infant, less than a year old.

the building you and your parents and your child live in , suddenly catch fire.

both your child and your favorite parent are trapped in the inferno and you know you are only able to save one before the building collapses.

who among the either would you save ? why?
    Your question doesn't consider the urgency of the situation that an individual would be in at that point of fire breakout. No chance to sit down and think about the answer. What we answer here may not be what we will actually do when faced in a sudden fire breakout.

Let me give you another situation where we have the time to sit down and think.

Suppose your wife is pregnant and the doc say she will have a serious child birth situation later on. And the doc ask you whether to save the mother or the baby if the situation happens in the operation room. Only one can live....

Who will you decide to save?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    I don't know what human will do, but loyal dog won't leave fallen companion.

living the rest of your life with regret ain't fun...
    The condition set in the question is that you can only save one. Regardless the choice you are going to live a sad life afterwards. Unless you choose to save one and then perish with the other?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Your question doesn't consider the urgency of the situation that an individual would be in at that point of fire breakout. No chance to sit down and think about the answer. What we answer here may not be what we will actually do when faced in a sudden fire breakout.

Suppose your wife is pregnant and the doc say she will have a serious child birth situation later on. And the doc ask you whether to save the mother or the baby if the situation happens in the operation room. Only one can live....

The mother.
    The mother has grown to be the woman you love, as the unborn child's future is still clouded. I don't gamble. I choose the mother.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post

Sis Shizuma is asking what you would do if it's urgent, all else considered inconsequential.

by your reasoning, we should have information at the tip of our fingertips. that means we know that perhaps one of them will definitely die 3 days after in an accident, or has only 5 months to live because of a terminal illness that's not been diagnosed. that may affect your decision in who to save... but why make things so complicated? you're there to save a precious life, not to rationalize who to save based on what medical condition or financial situation they're in.

in your scenario, there's also a sense of urgency. and can i further add, the doctor in certain cases won't even give you time to sit down and think it through. it's usually "We need your answer NOW."
    Last edited by kei1309; 19th June 2013 at 11:30 AM.

haha.. seeing how the air purifiers are flying off the shelves.. lets rephrase... If you only have enough budget for either a coverted Camera lens or a awesome Air purifier that you can place in your living room. Which would you choose to but.. the lens or the purifier???
    Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos..~ ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CasualBear View Post
    haha.. seeing how the air purifiers are flying off the shelves.. lets rephrase... If you only have enough budget for either a coverted Camera lens or a awesome Air purifier that you can place in your living room. Which would you choose to but.. the lens or the purifier???
    "Coveted" not "Coverted"

camera lens.

because i stay alone

Duty or devotion? imagine you are the parent of a young infant, less than a year old.

the building you and your parents and your child live in , suddenly catch fire.

both your child and your favorite parent are trapped in the inferno and you know you are only able to save one before the building collapses.
    Q[
    who among the either would you save ? why?

I've actually warn my GF NEVER to ask me this type of question...

Scuba & Father... For Life

I'm scared of fire. I will abandon them both and run away like the coward i am.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualBear View Post
    There is always time to save up for lenses while we're in good health. but how to work when sick ?

even the word SALE 50% OFF can't move me .
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Save neither. Like that both parent and child won't blame you for your actions

There is always time to save up for lenses while we're in good health. but how to work when sick ?

even the word SALE 50% OFF can't move me .
    i'll brave the haze to head down to Orchard road for sales, because i know that there'll be no one to fight with me for the last piece

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysjerricky View Post
    Save neither. Like that both parent and child won't blame you for your actions
    but everyone else will blame you

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

i'll brave the haze to head down to Orchard road for sales, because i know that there'll be no one to fight with me for the last piece

but everyone else will blame you
    The maids on sunday off will fight w you

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Some will only save their own ass.
    neither child or parent belong to donkey species.
    and spouses aren't included in the study, either
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Blog Entries

your mother/father will throw the baby to you and they will hug the fire to guarantee their own death to make the decision easy for you .... in a Korean TV drama serial

realistically.... which grandparent will say to you "Let my grandchild die .... SAVE ME !!"

so this discussion can only lead to one conclusion... save the child
    Last edited by ed9119; 24th June 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Save the baby first as the parent is old enough to take certain measures to try to save himself/herself. Once child is safe, be like Bruce Willis and try to save the parent. Even if u dun succeed, it's either u have perished with the parent or u tried your best.

And I will get the coveted lens...lungs already gone case.

Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    Save the baby first as the parent is old enough to take certain measures to try to save himself/herself. Once child is safe, be like Bruce Willis and try to save the parent. Even if u dun succeed, it's either u have perished with the parent or u tried your best.
    and your child will grow up hating fire and make it his/her life's goal to destroy his/her parent's murderer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast