13th June 2013, 05:09 PM
[ClubSNAP Adventures] Oct 2013 : Journey to Silk Road at Hunza Valley, Pakistan
Depart: 9th October 2013 (Wednesday)
Return: 16th October 2013 (Wednesday)
Price from: SGD1250*
Tour status: pending
Group Size : 16 max
Open to Clubsnap members and public
- Hunza Valley, situated at an average of 2500 meter bordering to China, one of the most beautiful place in Pakistan with strong history of culture
- Karakoram Highway, the highest paved international road in the world that connect Pakistan to Xinjiang, China
- Several high peaks rise above 6000 meter and meeting point of the word 3 highest mountain ranges of Himalayas, Hindukush and Karakoram
- Gilgit, an important ancient town on the Silk Road, along which Buddhism was spread from South Asia to the rest of Asia. it is believed that two famous travellers, Faxian and Xuanzang had traversed there
- Baltit Fort, an ancient fort at Hunza, was awarded Top Prize in the UNESCO 2004 Asia-Pacific Heritage Awards
- Other UNESCO World Heritage sites include Taxila archaeological site, Altit Fort, Ganesh Valley
- Eidul Adha, Festival of Sacrifice in Islamabad
Day 1 (D) : Depart from Changi Aiport, arrive Islamabad. Overnight at Islamabad.
Day 2 (B/L/D) : Begin the journey on Karakoram Highway. Drive to Besham en-route visit world heritage archeological sides of Taxila which includes: Sirkup, Jaulian. Several photo stops at Chatter plain, Indus River view point. Overnight at Besham.
Day 3 (B/L/D) : Drive to Gilgit with several short stops at Tatta Pani hot spring, Nanga Parbat (8126m) view point, and the meeting point of 3 highest mountain ranges of Himalayas, Hindukush and Karakoram. Overnight at Gilgit.
Day 4 (B/L/D) : Morning drive to Hunza (Karimabad) with stops at Danyoor suspension, Old Silk Road, and viewpoint of Rakaposhi (7788m). Hike to Chumar Khand village for sunset view on Rakaposhi Golden Peak. Overnight at Karimabad.
Day 5 (B/L/D) : Full morning at Karimabad. Water channel, villages, bazaar, Baltit Fort. After lunch, drive to Duikar for panaromic view of Altit village. Overnight at Duikar.
Day 6 (B/L/D) : After sunrise shoot, visit Hooper village. Back to Gilgit en route visit Ganesh valley. Overnight at Gilgit
Day 7 (B/L/D) : Drive to Besham on Karakuram highway. Several photo stops along Indus river via Juglot, Chilas, Dassu. Overnight at Besham.
Day 8 (B) : Morning transfer to Islamabad. Visit Raja Bazaar and Eidul Adha festival, old town of Islamabad outskirt of city. After dinner, transfer to Islamabad airport.
- Fully private tour in vehicle with additional seat for equipment and gear
- 7 nights accommodation at comfortable hotel, twin sharing basis
- All entrance fees and permit
- All meals as per itinerary above
- Clubsnap members privilege* Individual Basic single trip travel insurance
- International flight to Islamabad, Pakistan (Participants to purchase flight tickets only upon trip confirmation)
- Visa entry to Pakistan (if applicable)
- Additional beverages (including alcohol) not included in meals
- Any other incidental expenses incurred by participants
- Tips for both driver and local guide per person (voluntary basis)
- Islamabad temperature : 22°/ 14° ; Dry
- Hunza Valley temperature : 10°/ 0° ; Dry
- Warm clothing is necessary in Hunza Valley
- Able to carry own photography equipment and personal chores
- Able to climb up hill for 15mins with gears
- Wide angle to mid range tele
- Graduated neutral density filter, Circular Polarizer (CPL), Tripod
- Suggest to carry another spare body, battery, and charger. If your equipment stops working during the trip for whatever reason, it is unlikely to find a repair shop or buy a replacement.
Flight Detail :
Suggested airline and flight detail as follow :
- Airline : Thai Airways (only airline connected from Singapore to Islamabad)
- Price : Online promotion range from SGD1,153 to SGD1,300
- Depart : Wednesday 9th October 2013 / TG414 + TG349 / 1550 2210
- Return : Wednesday 16th October 2013 / TG350 + TG403 / 2320 1115 ( Arrive next day)
- SGD500 non refundable deposit
- Remaining balance to be made 1 month before departure
- If the trip is cancelled by organiser, fully refund
- Organised Xing Asia, Singapore licensed travel agent
- contact me by private message
- email to email@example.com
Last edited by MichaelLee; 15th June 2013 at 12:14 AM.
24th June 2013, 01:42 PM
Re: [ClubSNAP Adventures] Oct 2013 : Journey to Silk Road at Hunza Valley, Pakistan
Hunza Vally has always been the safest place to travel in Pakistan , it is sad to read what happened 23 Jun 2013.
We had decided to cancel this trip due to safety concern from the . It is always our top priority that we do not take any risk to our participants.
Let m know if you have any question. This thread would be closed.