Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi-fi and audiophile forums in SG

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Was loitering around Artcoustic Gallery ...needed to ask for a quotation on projector installation .... chanced upon these "beasts" ...actually had an audition .... jaw dropping ...
    Unfortunately, like most Singaporeans, I live in a HDB flat. There isn't enough space for my 32-inch TV, not to mention having these "beasts" around. I will not have the space even to walk.
    Last edited by photobum; 21st April 2005 at 11:55 PM.

Don't remind me ... i crammed my hifi in my room ... i have a 5.1 setup as well .. and my pre power with 2 pairs of speakers .. all crammed in ...

My first real speakers were the Quad ESL-63 on stands. I crammed them in my bedroom and I literally have to move my bed out of the room!

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Let's not forgetting Stax headspeakers with their driver unit. One of the best out there.

Hehe.. But of course, I've never heard an actual Stax setup. I'm hoping someone will buy a Stax Omega-II's setup and let me listen to it. LOL..
    That's why I didn't list it. I only listed those headphones that I've heard and I felt are good or others have felt are good.

I've found the general opinion online that the Stax and Sennheiser Baby-O do really sing when matched with a well designed electrostatic amplifier.
    The default amplifier that the Baby-O comes with is extremely disappointing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Hehe.. But of course, I've never heard an actual Stax setup. I'm hoping someone will buy a Stax Omega-II's setup and let me listen to it. LOL..
    That's why I didn't list it. I only listed those headphones that I've heard and I felt are good or others have felt are good.

I've found the general opinion online that the Stax and Sennheiser Baby-O do really sing when matched with a well designed electrostatic amplifier.
    The default amplifier that the Baby-O comes with is extremely disappointing though.
    Anybody remember The Absolute Sound at Marina Square? I used to hang out there a lot and listen to their CD selections with the Stax Lambada. Sweet!!!!

my HT setup is in my living room which is around 4.3m by 4.3m. you don't really need a big space.

Projector is very worth the money. 92" is a BIG difference compared to 42". It is like comparing a 2 megapixel cam to a 10 megapixel cam

92" compared to 34" is even much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox

Give Stax a listen, Kingsley selling. Starts at $900 with the SR-2020 combi. Its really good. Don't want to get into any of those silly audiophile specifics but generally if you like its electrostatic qualities even the entry-level SRS-2020 set is noticeably better than my HD-650 on Earmax OTL (rolled with input Mullard M8162 + output Siemens E88CC). But have to be careful with the plastic built.

Listen to any nicely recorded DVD-A/SACD, no horse run man....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123