Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for CPU fan

Default Recommendation for CPU fan

Any recommendations for a quiet CPU fan. Why? Everytime i talk to my girl, she will know that i'm multitasking again... So i'm thinking of changing to liquid cooled system or some fans by cooler master. Any recommendation please

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian
    Any recommendations for a quiet CPU fan. Why? Everytime i talk to my girl, she will know that i'm multitasking again... So i'm thinking of changing to liquid cooled system or some fans by cooler master. Any recommendation please
    cooler master is good.. i am using that too.. i have 6 cooler master fans in my pc though.... lol... but its a bit ah beng look.. cuz its all coloured fans... lol..

CoolerMaster.......

liquid cooling lor

the fan doesn't make much different esp if you are so sensitive to the noise. either u put some thing around the casing as noise absorber, or change to liquid cooling
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Put the casing in another room lah...

Papst 8412 80mm. If you can still find it around.

thermaltake also good...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Deregistered

ThermalTake for me.

Using thermal take on my SFF. My graphics card fan is much louder... annoying whine

Coolermaster Hyper-48. It's dead silent and can be used for K8, S-478 & LGA-775 chips.

Exclamation

I have a huge mother of a Zalman all copper unit. It's really quiet.

Surely your girlfriend will still know that you're not paying all your attention to her because she can hear the gunshots and machine gun fire through the speakers That or she'll know when you say one too many "Uh huh"s.

i am using zalman heatpipe for my CPU, graphic card and HDD cooler

but my dream system is this zalman fanless casing

Dual CPU and all cooled by heatpipes, from hard disk, to CPU and graphic cards....

Papst fans are sold by that hardware shop on the top floor of People's Park (same building as Larry Hi-fi), but without connectors, so you have to crimp/solder your own...

I find that my Superflower PSU fan, despite being a 120mm fan is noisy... i think its the brand cos' my intake 120mm fans are silent. Actually i find the PSU fans are noisier than my CPU fans. Any recommendation for really quiet PSU with fans (fanless PSU don't seem to have a good reputation.. too hot in singapore conditions).

yup...zalman is the most quiet PSU that i came across, but it is not cheap and I dunno if it is available locally

or u can get those PSU with temperature controlled fan, so that when the load is low, the fan in the PSU will automatically spin slower to reduce noise.

there is a brand call be-quiet...the fans actually will carry on spinning for 3 minutes after shut down, this is to remove the heat in the casing quickly to lengthen the life of the components

Quote Originally Posted by erwinx
    Papst fans are sold by that hardware shop on the top floor of People's Park (same building as Larry Hi-fi), but without connectors, so you have to crimp/solder your own...
    Yep, that's Koba electronics, I got mine there years back. But their supplies are usually inconsistent.

Wow thanks for your tips guys, actually i was thinking to install a 12cm fan, connected to a PVC pipe to cool the CPU or installing self made water coolant system. Then again, leakage is the worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    I have a huge mother of a Zalman all copper unit. It's really quiet.

Surely your girlfriend will still know that you're not paying all your attention to her because she can hear the gunshots and machine gun fire through the speakers That or she'll know when you say one too many "Uh huh"s.
    Then again, copper unit could be another alternative...
    I think besides "Uh hun"s is "Oh ****"

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian

Alternatively u can get hp that comes with noise-cancellation feature. It does magic. U can be in pub and she wouldn't even know

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Alternatively u can get hp that comes with noise-cancellation feature. It does magic. U can be in pub and she wouldn't even know

Have anyone comes across PC casing that have sound insulation?

hmm...which model got noise cancellation?

my Samsung E630C suppose to have this voice-clarity feature but dun make much diff to me leh
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast