Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 194459646768697071747994 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2089

Thread: Sentosa Thread VIII (...smilies say a thousand words too)

Deregistered

I need a few rich wives.

for all ur lenses right...

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    our darling noob is making a fool of himself again....
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=127893

just the thing to perk me up on a weary afternoon...
    wohoo~ return of 'he who shall not be named'...

man... doesn he read the title of the thread....

Hi folks.

Remember I asked about helping out with photography in my Grandma's Birthday Dinner?

Well, I've secured places about for 5 - 8 pax for the photogs... Event is on 23 July... Dinner. Location TBC (most likely Pan Pac).

Roughly the event will start with reception, follow by dinner and some "in-house production performance items"

Asked for more photogs so that you can trot in taking pic as well as enjoy the event at the same time.

Also, for the reception, we are looking to something like a small studio-type shoot with immediate printout for souviner.... for this, there are a few question...

1. Anyone have studio lights that I can borrow for that night?...else where can I get 1 set (about 2 diffused lights) + a backdrop... if can borrow CLS capable flashes also dun mind.

2. Any printer to recommend for such things? Is it better to get a normal photo printer or this portable types? 4R is good enough?

3. I'm trying to direct link a cam to laptop so that the pic can me printed immediately... I've tested on my 10D (via USB), but I'm not sure about the other systems... need advice here... esp if there might be a need to use CLS.. so need to know Nikon software.

Lastly, as usual, after the event... pls DL all pics to my laptop. Due to sensitivity, pls dun post the pics in open forums.

Things I can help out... CF cards, my setup of 10D and the lenses, my laptop.

Who is attending, pls put your name in the list

(TBC depending of num of pax per table)

Reserve (this one see how lah.. also depending of num of pax per table)

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Erm, came across this joke...
    tot it was damm hilarious...

A little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp:
    "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep wittle wabiths?"

And the shopkeeper gets down one his knees, so that he's on her level,
    and asks: "Do you want a wittle white wabby or a soft and fuwwy bwack
    wabby?"

She in turn puts her hands on her knees, bends forward and says,
    "I don't fink my pyfon gives a damn!"

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I need a few rich wives.
    I only need 1 wife (rich or not never mind)

While the rest of the SYT juz give me $$$ can liao... mabbe be my model as well

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Hi folks.

Remember I asked about helping out with photography in my Grandma's Birthday Dinner?

Well, I've secured places about for 5 - 8 pax for the photogs... Event is on 23 July... Dinner. Location TBC (most likely Pan Pac).

Roughly the event will start with reception, follow by dinner and some "in-house production performance items"

Asked for more photogs so that you can trot in taking pic as well as enjoy the event at the same time.

Also, for the reception, we are looking to something like a small studio-type shoot with immediate printout for souviner.... for this, there are a few question...

1. Anyone have studio lights that I can borrow for that night?...else where can I get 1 set (about 2 diffused lights) + a backdrop... if can borrow CLS capable flashes also dun mind.

2. Any printer to recommend for such things? Is it better to get a normal photo printer or this portable types? 4R is good enough?

3. I'm trying to direct link a cam to laptop so that the pic can me printed immediately... I've tested on my 10D (via USB), but I'm not sure about the other systems... need advice here... esp if there might be a need to use CLS.. so need to know Nikon software.

Lastly, as usual, after the event... pls DL all pics to my laptop. Due to sensitivity, pls dun post the pics in open forums.

If you want to hire me, I will provide the laptop printer, the strobes & backdrops

Who is attending, pls put your name in the list

(TBC depending of num of pax per table)

Reserve (this one see how lah.. also depending of num of pax per table)

erm, can't help u on #1 there...
    #2 i believe 4R is more or less the standard size nowadays, should be just fine. a portable printer might be more convenient...?
    #3 eh... ask espn?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Call KFC loh
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    how come no lunch??

sian....rushing report...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    #3 eh... ask espn?
    CLS is controlled by the camera body with the SB-600/800s, you can't work CLS off Canon bodies.

Nikon Capture software can download the images once you fire, but it's limited by the working distance of the USB cable provided.

To do wireless transmission, it's D2H/D2X with the WT-1/2 transmitter and a FTP server set up on the reciever.

If you hire me and my gang, I'll do everything for you 4 photographers, ai mai? Heehee.

If you want to hire me, I will provide the laptop printer, the strobes & backdrops
    Budget for hiring a photog is similar to paying for a table....

first option will be to open the invitation to the STG gang so that this can be sort of a photoshoot "outing". Of chouse this is understood as NO guarantee for the photo returns.

if response not good than I'll open the "hiring" thingy in the consumer sub section.... this will imply the NEED to guarantee the quality of photo produced. And of course can't include the dinner liao.
    Last edited by CYRN; 25th April 2005 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    oh... me just had a full lunch...
    want to already..

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    rushing report no time to take lunch but still can surf CS ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Deregistered

Budget for hiring a photog is similar to paying for a table....

first option will be to open the invitation to the STG gang so that this can be sort of a photoshoot "outing". Of chouse this is understood as NO guarantee for the photo returns.

if response not good than I'll open the "hiring" thingy in the consumer sub section.... this will imply the NEED to guarantee the quality of photo produced.
    If you hire, of course all the rights & images will belong to you, for the editing and printing portion, we'll just charge it to your friends/relatives lor

Strobes frankly will be a bit hard to loan, rent maybe, because they like other equipment have shelf life & bulb life too. Moving them around is a hassle

If you hire, of course all the rights & images will belong to you, for the editing and printing portion, we'll just charge it to your friends/relatives lor

Strobes frankly will be a bit hard to loan, rent maybe, because they like other equipment have shelf life & bulb life too. Moving them around is a hassle
    You really good. Everything also have. If one day I get marry must hire you liao
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

rushing report no time to take lunch but still can surf CS ?
    dun waste lunch time mah. start working now, boss also cannot see. suft suft a while first lah... then slowly drag myself back to work... then go for tea break earlier..

Deregistered

You really good. Everything also have. If one day I get marry must hire you liao
    Sure, I make sure I'll process 12.4MP images for you , 20 x 30 prints for you too. Heehee.

It's all part and parcel of being a photographer, always be over equipped than under.

yeah... considering renting too... you know who rent's such equipments? Another option is to buy the EG's set up.

Worse come to worse... get myself an ST-e2 and another el-cheapo slave... mount on 2 tripods and diffuse it....

Cyrn,,, mi newbie wan to gain experience can or not??

Deregistered

I'd recommend at least 2 lights with 1 soft box. Not necessarily need ST-E2 but your flash can be slaved but power settings distance etc needs to be calculated accordingly.

You can rent the setup from Astin I believe, but I have no idea how much he charges, for the editing & printing portion, jnet6 can shoot, I'll edit & print, you can pay me hourly charge. Don't forget your display needs to be calibrated too, I'll throw in free calibration for that night

(Jobless soon need to be money oriented. )