Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2540454849505152556075100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2089

Thread: Sentosa Thread VIII (...smilies say a thousand words too)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    u goin to use AMD sempton? or 64bit??
    I was thinking of using AthlonXP if I can find, I don't want to upgrade to the latest, something reasonable 'new' would do, I've given up chasing technology already.

Just wondering if I should upgrade because if I get a larger HDD >80GB wondering my current KT133a chipset can support or not.

XP now i think dun have only the sempton...(i think spell wrong).

KT133a, got see manual have support??
    else go website update bios(if any) to support higher cap.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    XP now i think dun have only the sempton...(i think spell wrong).

KT133a, got see manual have support??
    else go website update bios(if any) to support higher cap.
    Currently can run 40GB, am very tempted to whack a 120GB.

Yeah, I think will go for that then. The sempron or something. Sigh... upgrading is costly. Only my DVDRW, DVDROM, HDD, VGA, sound, NIC and PSU can be reused, the rest will need to go.

i can help u to check, cos i have a 120GB Hdd, when i get to test on a KT133 chipset, then tell u.

I think u don't need NIC and PSU... NIC built in, PSU... need to change new 1 becos new MB suck more power socket.(unless yrs is a P4 certified PS).

Wait 6months more... 64bit will drop. then upgrade...(Save now BUY later....)endure!

Hmmmm..so quiet in here.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Deregistered

Yeah let me know, currently storage's my main headache, not the processing speed (until I'm willing to process D2X RAW).

Mine is a P4 certified PSU, but like I said, if necessary will need to upgrade. NICs etc I prefer to be add ons, I don't like everything/anything built on board. I feel the system architecture sux this way, very hard to troubleshoot & install updates.

Nah, I have no use for the 64Bit, I used to chiong so far front in getting the latest stuff but 6mths later I end up selling them and buying again. So, now am more wary, always go for near out-dated stuff instead.

Hmm ... your motherboard should be able to support a 120GB HDD provided you've installed the latest bios.

If you're not willing to upgrade, go for the Abit NF-7s ... stable. Great board.

I'm using an Asus A7A-266 with Athlon XP processor. Previously using SDRAM .. now using DDR ... running a Hitachi 120GB hdd ... so should be no issue for you since my board is as old as yours.

Deregistered

Oh, I HATE the following boards:

ABIT
    GIGABYTE

So it's out for me. I believe my K7V 133a should be using the latest bios already. My P5a can't break the 32GB barrier sheesh.

My board is a K7V heehee only SDRAM, not even DDR RAM, pretty old old board already. Thanks man. I like my current K7V because of it's 4 IDE slots, I can run 8 IDE devices off it.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Oh, I HATE the following boards:

ABIT
    GIGABYTE

So it's out for me. I believe my K7V 133a should be using the latest bios already. My P5a can't break the 32GB barrier sheesh.

My board is a K7V heehee only SDRAM, no even DDR RAM, pretty old old board already. Thanks man. I like my current K7V because of it's 4 IDE slots, I can run 8 IDE devices off it.
    Abit and Asus has one of the best support for AMD for now. I know of quite a few people using Abit NF7 setups ... totally no issue, no complaints whatsoever.

Gigabyte i believe so, but then again, their P4 boards are great. Using 2 of their boards for my systems now and built 4-5 systems based on gigabyte boards... no complaints / issues so far .. unless they're due to EUP ...

You can try looking for 2nd hand AMD boards that are based on DDR266 support... but becareful, some of them do not recognise DDR400 ... mine does..

Deregistered

I will be looking at boards that will support at least 333Mhz or 400Mhz FSB, no point going for 266Mhz already. I'm intending to get new ones anywya.

Bad experience with Abits & Gigabytes tell me to stay far away from them. Even Kingston RAM. Bad bad bad bad experience with them, P4, P3, AMD systems... are all no no. I've stick very gung ho-ly on Hyundai RAMS. If need to go up, will probably rather get cosairs.

You damn suay man ... oh well its your luck i guess

So far so many years... no issue with kingston rams ... Hynix / Winbond / Infineon chipset rams ... abit or gigabyte boards ... only my gigabyte 486 board died after years of usage ...

Deregistered

I guess I'm luckier my boards never died on me esp since I run them 24/7.

I guess I'm luckier my boards never died on me esp since I run them 24/7.
    Same ... running an Abit Dual Celery board on linux ... 24/7 with a few other machines running services.

For now .. configuring a 827 DSL router for use

Deregistered

Hehe... gone are my days of running services & linux boxes, now I keep my life pretty simple. Tho' I do run linux in the office

Sigh, IT sux now for that matter. Alright, I'm off to bed, enjoy the last day of my weekend. Nights STG peeps.

*hug hug fb before sleeping*

me going to china town to shoot people and streets tmr morning 10am ..anyone coming?
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    me going to china town to shoot people and streets tmr morning 10am ..anyone coming?
    I'll pass, I'd rather go workout in the gym to burn the fats I accumulated over the past 3 days.

I'll pass, I'd rather go workout in the gym to burn the fats I accumulated over the past 3 days.
    u come, i will make u walk walk walk ..better then any gym work out! sure lose weight one..hee hee....
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

1K mark?

Mine mine mine

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    u come, i will make u walk walk walk ..better then any gym work out! sure lose weight one..hee hee....
    Yah lor free also....heehee.

Who want to join me for nature shoots....confirm loose weight one...chop of guarantee.