Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 179

Thread: LTA seeking feedback on COE

  1. #81
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,669

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    If consultative means they add a step to "show" that they listen..... but final decision is still not taken into the account of the feedback... what for have it?
    So that there's justification(to them) for you to pay more mah.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post

    So that there's justification(to them) for you to pay more mah.
    For show only.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post

    For show only.
    Everyone knows that

  5. #85

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    COE for cars up to 1,600cc and 130bhp climbed the most to reach $77,201 - up from $71,564 two weeks ago - despite steps to remove luxury models from the category. COE for cars above 1,600cc and 130bhp ended at $78,604, up from $75,300.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...ories-20140219

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Feedback to get more ideas to "milk"

  7. #87

    Default

    COE CAT F: Bicycle with wheel size 16" and above
    COE CAT G: Bicycle with wheel size 16" and below
    COE CAT H: Open-others including wheel chair, baby stroller and skate board
    Last edited by ahboy168; 20th February 2014 at 01:17 AM.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

  8. #88

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    After feedback they will say general feedback says increase the price is better.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  9. #89
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Sometimes I wonder if feedback by general public are considered. As a layman, most people I spoke too and from radio talk say dealer must not be allowed to bid on behalf of buyers. They are the ones bringing up COE prices. In fact, the COE is a better biz model then selling cars.

    I wonder where all the COE and ERP monies gone to? Today our public transport is still like that.

  10. #90
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if feedback by general public are considered. As a layman, most people I spoke too and from radio talk say dealer must not be allowed to bid on behalf of buyers. They are the ones bringing up COE prices. In fact, the COE is a better biz model then selling cars. I wonder where all the COE and ERP monies gone to? Today our public transport is still like that.
    Car sellers can simply bypass that. They just ask for your particulars and bid on your behalf with the assurance "we know the game, we will get it for you. For your part, you just pay a lump sum for the car. Don't need to pull your hair about how much to bid."

    Alternatively they tell you: "ok 15mins before bid close, we SMS you and tell you the exact amount to bid. Follow our instruction, guarantee can get your car. Again, you pay a lump sum."
    Last edited by UncleFai; 20th February 2014 at 08:49 AM.

  11. #91
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    I wonder where all the COE and ERP monies gone to? Today our public transport is still like that.
    It is common across most nations to name taxes always according the source, not the later usage. Road tax is collected from road users, but that doesn't mean it's used for roads. It would take a while for all road users to pay off the MCE, even with ERP included.
    EOS

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It is common across most nations to name taxes always according the source, not the later usage. Road tax is collected from road users, but that doesn't mean it's used for roads. It would take a while for all road users to pay off the MCE, even with ERP included.
    They should keep mce closed until fully paid. How can let it be used without full payment!

  13. #93
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    They should keep mce closed until fully paid. How can let it be used without full payment!
    Sorry, I can't catch the logic in this one. I think there is a contract between gov (the owner) and the builder governing when will the owner pay up for the work done. At the mean time, while the road is already there, why not use it?

    Does this also mean one can't watch the 80" TV until the installment is fully paid off? Or can't drive till car loan is fully served or worse, can't live in HDB until hse loan is fully paid.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  14. #94
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Sorry, I can't catch the logic in this one. I think there is a contract between gov (the owner) and the builder governing when will the owner pay up for the work done. At the mean time, while the road is already there, why not use it?
    Does this also mean one can't watch the 80" TV until the installment is fully paid off? Or can't drive till car loan is fully served or worse, can't live in HDB until hse loan is fully paid.
    Does the word 'irony' have any meaning to you? And no, it's nothing about any metal ..
    EOS

  15. #95
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Car sellers can simply bypass that. They just ask for your particulars and bid on your behalf with the assurance "we know the game, we will get it for you. For your part, you just pay a lump sum for the car. Don't need to pull your hair about how much to bid." Alternatively they tell you: "ok 15mins before bid close, we SMS you and tell you the exact amount to bid. Follow our instruction, guarantee can get your car. Again, you pay a lump sum."
    True, there will always be ways to beat the rules but the fact now is that dealers are controlling what was meant as a tool to mitigate car ownership problem. They are buying up the COE in then selling them later. COE has to be register in the owner name. If he decides not to buy the car, then he has to return the COE not to transfer in the open market. Of course the return comes with a cost.

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Sorry, I can't catch the logic in this one. I think there is a contract between gov (the owner) and the builder governing when will the owner pay up for the work done. At the mean time, while the road is already there, why not use it? Does this also mean one can't watch the 80" TV until the installment is fully paid off? Or can't drive till car loan is fully served or worse, can't live in HDB until hse loan is fully paid.
    There's a reason this place is called KPT.

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: LTA seeking feedback on COE

    If they do not lose a few constituencies and feedback is that the cause is COE, then it will stay.

  18. #98
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    True, there will always be ways to beat the rules but the fact now is that dealers are controlling what was meant as a tool to mitigate car ownership problem. They are buying up the COE in then selling them later. COE has to be register in the owner name. If he decides not to buy the car, then he has to return the COE not to transfer in the open market. Of course the return comes with a cost.
    Well, the fact is that demand simply exceeds supply - with an industry in the middle of the whole thing. So it is an allocation issue. And the ultimate question of "what is fair?" If cars are cheaper still, lots more people will want them. But the quota is the same - so how to allocate? Any form of allocation in which supply is scarce and there is money to be made will always favour the rich.
    Last edited by UncleFai; 20th February 2014 at 08:17 PM.

  19. #99
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Well, the fact is that demand simply exceeds supply - with an industry in the middle of the whole thing. So it is an allocation issue. And the ultimate question of "what is fair?" If cars are cheaper still, lots more people will want them. But the quota is the same - so how to allocate? Any form of allocation in which supply is scarce and there is money to be made will always favour the rich.
    Agree, this is a supply and demand issue. With limited land, cost will have to go up for those who wish to own car. However, the system should not allow others to profit from it. Ultimately public transport is the answer and I sincerely hope the authority will work on it.

  20. #100
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Agree, this is a supply and demand issue. With limited land, cost will have to go up for those who wish to own car. However, the system should not allow others to profit from it. Ultimately public transport is the answer and I sincerely hope the authority will work on it.
    Well, if the complain is about COE, then the ones technically profiteering from it is the people of Singapore coz that money goes into our national coffers. But yes, I agree with you that getting our public transport in order is very important and there have been mis-steps in this aspect.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •