Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Idea of Hotel81 Shoot - Inspired by Zeckson

  1. #1

    Default Idea of Hotel81 Shoot - Inspired by Zeckson

    Do you all think Hotel81 or Fragrance Hotel Group would be interested to sponsor a mass model shoot and get cheap advertising.

    Photographers will be free. They just have to provide rooms, sponsor models, stylist and studio equipment.

    Can hold it as a mass model shoot and photography contest, and they can publish our work as a coffeetable book to place at every Hotel81 branch. hehe

    Great for publicity!!!

  2. #2

    Default

    I think it is a great idea for publicity.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    *nose bleed*

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Where you find the models? near by izit?

  5. #5

    Lightbulb

    need a stronger marketing element for the hoteliers to bite.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Those hotels dont need any more advertising.

    They have built a niche in the hotel market. Recently Sun Times had an article about them and that is good publicity for them.

  7. #7

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    Those hotels dont need any more advertising.

    They have built a niche in the hotel market. Recently Sun Times had an article about them and that is good publicity for them.
    are you saying these hotels are running at 100% occupancy nightly?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    need a stronger marketing element for the hoteliers to bite.
    yeah, they won't bite. If they want a coffee table book they'll just get a pro to shoot it. You'll be suprise how cash rich they are.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    i think almost. i went there once... cos my house scv broke down. so went there to enquire abt the 2hr transit thingy to watch soccer. wah liew, the customer flow quite high man!

    but i left(chinatown branch) cos they didnt have star sports!

  10. #10

    Default

    Hahahahaa
    No lah...
    They must pay for 'real' models from respected agencies lah.

    I quite a procrastinator... so need encouragement and advise.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Where you find the models? near by izit?

  11. #11

    Default

    Hmm... well, Tiger beer is also doing very well being the house beer everywhere, but they still spend millions advertising yearly...
    So maybe got chance... anybody with experience wanna do this with me?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    Do you all think Hotel81 or Fragrance Hotel Group would be interested to sponsor a mass model shoot and get cheap advertising.

    Why promote these short stay hotel chains? The Hotel 81 chain has been spreading like a disease throughout many once quiet neighborhoods, bringing vice and prostitution to these areas. I think it's a rather silly idea which will serve no proper purpose.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    Hmm... well, Tiger beer is also doing very well being the house beer everywhere, but they still spend millions advertising yearly...
    So maybe got chance... anybody with experience wanna do this with me?
    did not mean to rub you the wrong way but someone tried this a while back.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    please... short stay hotels aren't only for vice. if you've been back-packing you'll learn the value of these short stay hotels as a good place to safe-deposit your stuff while you walk around town or take a short nap.

    They are also highly sought after by travellers who have to wait for a 6-10hr transit flight but don't want to spend on expensive hotels.

    Promoting vice in these short stay hotels are the downside to it.
    I don't work for them nor am I encouraging vice.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Why promote these short stay hotel chains? The Hotel 81 chain has been spreading like a disease throughout many once quiet neighborhoods, bringing vice and prostitution to these areas. I think it's a rather silly idea which will serve no proper purpose.
    Wholly agreed.

    Anyway they don't need publication, people who need them will go and find them.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    please... short stay hotels aren't only for vice. if you've been back-packing you'll learn the value of these short stay hotels as a good place to safe-deposit your stuff while you walk around town or take a short nap.
    No doubt, but what comes to your mind when you see a Hotel 81 ad campaign with young nubile models prancing about? Worn out backpackers? The ongoing joke is that the chain got its name because 81 minutes is the length of stay for the average guest. Doing anything to promote their services is just plain wrong.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    did not mean to rub you the wrong way but someone tried this a while back.
    Not rubbed the wrong way It's ok. Good to hear comments. I have lots of silly ideas all the time. Therapy to let it out sometimes haha.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    No doubt, but what comes to your mind when you see a Hotel 81 ad campaign with young nubile models prancing about? Worn out backpackers? The ongoing joke is that the chain got its name because 81 minutes is the length of stay for the average guest. Doing anything to promote their services is just plain wrong.
    that's why i said nose-bleed :P

    come on, let's not kid ourselves. what is the thing that comes to mind when you associate a photoshoot in a "hotel" room which clearly has no, IMHO, aesthetic value in terms of photography.

    amateur AV idol

  19. #19

    Default

    u guys need to travel more....

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    It's hard not to relate Hotel 81 with some other thing.....

    If there is a shooting on models, shouldn't it better to do it discretely...at somewhere else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •