Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: with Lumix -> Stitched photos?

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Thanks. Realviz can stitch multiple rows. If your rotate at the nodal point, you should not have any issue on stitching your shots.
    Yup.

Just downloaded the trial copy and try out, still trying out, and it will take me a little while before I can complete the whole thing. However, I do not feel that I have any constraint like I used to have before.

Thanks a lot, megaweb, and certainly, your photos are really nice.

Also, have a safe trip will ya?

Hello...

Forgive me for this shot. This was done in less than 10 mins from shoot , stitch to post... So quite slipshot...

3x2 phtos stitched together... So it is possible. But I think the maximum that this program can stitch together is 4x4.

Looks great.. I must go try also

Quote Originally Posted by natnivek
    Hello...

Forgive me for this shot. This was done in less than 10 mins from shoot , stitch to post... So quite slipshot...

3x2 phtos stitched together... So it is possible. But I think the maximum that this program can stitch together is 4x4.

That's why I told you cannot for me mah...since I have 30 photos...I am still trying to get all the photos together and stitch them....give me some times...I think the stitcher should work for me.

One problem I've encountered with "Stitching" software. They seem to require the pictures to be in the same size. So if I've stitched 2 pictures already, and want to stitch one more photo onto the already stitched result, the software would refuse to do it.

Anyone with same experience?

Quote Originally Posted by sinlg
    One problem I've encountered with "Stitching" software. They seem to require the pictures to be in the same size. So if I've stitched 2 pictures already, and want to stitch one more photo onto the already stitched result, the software would refuse to do it.

Anyone with same experience?
    Yup... I think cannot also... I guess I can see two main constraints for the bundled software.

1) Maximum grid stitching is 4 x 4.
    2) Can't stitch odd sized pics. (As per your problem)

Still. It's free....

How do you compare the stitch program that is bundled with Lumix cameras as compared to the Photomerge which is packaged with Photoshop?

I use plain old cut and paste method. Run Paintshop Pro (Jasc), enlarge canvas and paste 1 photo at a time. Can magnify to see matching area. Allow for slight overlap then "flatten all layers". Not the most elegant way but it gets job done. Warning, its a hog on memory and CPU resources.

This is something I've done using PhotoMerge, still can see the joint points. So this is still not desirable

Quote Originally Posted by sinlg
    This is something I've done using PhotoMerge, still can see the joint points. So this is still not desirable

I've never used photomerge before... But isn't there a tweaking function in there for minor adjustments?

Default panoramas article

great article on stitching for panoramas, this guy is really an expert in this field and just look at his amazing shots. well, and he is using an Oly E-10. check it out guys:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...ventures.shtml

His techniques wont work for most of us.

you'd need a DSLR that is capable of taking lots of pics.

Then you'll have to have the patience to photo-touch the pic especially for photos with moving objects.

I believe wide angle shots don't usually make good candidate for stitching as there are distortion on both sides hence matching sides are not "linear". Standard lenses are usually "square" so stitching is alot easier. (excuse my layman words).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12