Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for compact 5 megapixel camera

why do everyone say A95? Is it because you guys have not compared the newly released F10?

Did you guys see the A95 ISO200 performance? I mean it is comparable to F10 ISO800 performance... The effective focal lengthis similar and so is the aperture.

F10 is also smaller and lighter and rated 500 shots / charge.

I am confused. In what way is the A95 superior to the F10?

I guess the A95 is slightly cheaper and the F10 uses XD cards.... which is like so expensive.

hehe.. it is just individual preference lah bro...

here a list on why i like Canon PS A95..

1) Is uses AA size batteries.. easier to buy when you are out of town
    2) It is a simple to use camera (Dun flame me on this)
    3) It has a number of manual controls, which allows you to expand your skills once you get the hang of it.
    4) It allows you to add additional lens like macro/telephoto/wide angled
    5) The A95 has a swiel LCD screen, which allows you to take difficult shots..

My 2c worth..

Currently I am thinking of getting a Canon A95, checking on the prices now

The AA batteries useful and the LCD is really good if you want to take difficult angle shots. I still find it difficult to view through the viewfinder for the DSLR since I am a P&S newbie

but if you buying a camera for wife, dun think she will try for those special angle shots things that is impt should be size, battery life, and sharpness (which is why a good ISO performance is critical as you can use faster shutter speeds)

The panasonic FZ5 also very impressive with the OIS and bright lens = sharp pictures.

good battery life = casio

z57 is selling at $5xx at AP cos my friend just bought it
    with 256mb

got the xtra budget can go for z750 with mp4 movie
    i would consider if I am getting a PnS camera .. with minor manual controls
    the presets modes are

got pastel effect , star filter , passport size .. about 30 of them

LCD not veri clear .. but develop out.
    still decent imo ..
    Last edited by simon80; 20th April 2005 at 02:48 PM.

Yah the panasonic FZ5 is good... 12x zoom and leica lens.. means good pictures!!! hehe.. The panasonic fz20 is solid as well.. but price is higher and the camera is bigger..

I am looking at either FZ20 and Canon PS A95, but got budget constraint.. so I think most probably I will go for A95.

But do take note that FZ5 dun have manual focus, but then of course some people dun require it...

Quote Originally Posted by cereal
    hehe.. it is just individual preference lah bro...

here a list on why i like Canon PS A95..

1) Is uses AA size batteries.. easier to buy when you are out of town
    2) It is a simple to use camera (Dun flame me on this)
    3) It has a number of manual controls, which allows you to expand your skills once you get the hang of it.
    4) It allows you to add additional lens like macro/telephoto/wide angled
    5) The A95 has a swiel LCD screen, which allows you to take difficult shots..

My 2c worth..
    I using his brother A85 now. Other than no swiel LCD screen like A95.
    So I think if swiel LCD screen is no a must then maybe could consider A520 cause it uses only 2 AA batt.

I feel we should recommend cameras based on the needs of the person asking, and not based on our needs.

The original poster asks for a compact camera for his wife. Would a lady like to lug a "bulky" camera like A95, FZ5 etc.. around?

It's like one is seeking advises for a family car, but the pros would recommend a sports car just because the functions are much better...

Just my thoughts...

I know ladies who use the A-series and it isn't that bulky IMHO. Well, different people have they're own preferences. Peace!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12