Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got any 1 pc swimsuit shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Erm.... Maybe I'm a little out of fashion here, but mind telling me what the HELL is a tankini?

Only heard of bikini, one-piece and birthday suits though....
    Wah lau.....tankini also you don't know.......haha!

Check this out!

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/coll...br=OSSWMTOPTNK

Tankini? - it's big a green amour-plated crushing machine that rolls on tracks and crarries a 105mm gun.

It's a cross between a spaggett and a swim suit and a bikini, so it's a bikini-ish bottom and a spagget-like-swimsuit-material top. that was hard to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image

Check this out!

hemmm a picture does say a thousand words...

Quote Originally Posted by moos blues
    hemmm a picture does say a thousand words...
    Yep! Haha......no need to explain high and low!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image

Check this out!

Oh, THAT'S a tankini... If there's no association of fashion at all, I might imagined it to be one of those 'classified Main Battle Tank' thing...

A little out of touch with fashion since I don't bother looking at clothes... Maybe its time I open my eyes a little... hmm....

Tankini?

wow, i learn something new everyday.

just when you think that fashion has evolved until there can be nothing new, someone will surprise you with something new.

and more so surprising that it's with swimsuits. i mean, there's so little to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    hehehe... will keep on asking until one day u agree!!
    Wah, just saw this thread

NW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Wah, just saw this thread

NW
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

so?
    now got a lot of bikini shoots, but still no 1 pc suit. Who wants to organise?

Default There's always more

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    just when you think that fashion has evolved until there can be nothing new, someone will surprise you with something new.
    Initially, people thought things cannot get smaller than regular bikinis/underwear briefs. Then came the g-string. More recently came the t-string.

Similarly, regular skirts were shortened to become mini skirts. Then due to depleting garment production (joking), mini skirts became micro minis.

I waiting for the day when some kind of mini-tees are made for muscled men to show off their midriff like how the ladies have been doing with tubes and similar.

Default Swimsuit have pool?

In many countries around the world, swimsuits are more for the swimming pool or some recreation pool (heated/jacuzzi).

Bikinis and tankinis are more for the beach (or even pool or anywhere else the photographer can creatively picture them.)

Many years ago when I participated in group model shoots by photography clubs, swimsuit shoots were done in beach/coastal areas. Back then, I didn't see anything wrong/weird with that. Well, it's not criminally wrong or terribly weird but just thought that a pool would be more appropriate. Doing a shoot at a pool can be difficult because of management issues (permission, pool hire, etc).

Someone suggested a pareo. A pareo is a beach scarf, and I automatically assume it's more apt for the beach. Besides, the pareo would be more suited for tankinis and bikinis, and it's not a CIA-guarded secret that some of the women who use pareos use them as some kind of modesty cover under the guise of a fashion accessory.

In many cases, wearing a pareo around a swimsuit would really look more weird than shooting swimsuit at the beach.

so? still got no one interested to organize?

Quote Originally Posted by s2pro69
    so? still got no one interested to organize?
    Got lah. Pte shoot

ok I am organising 1 1 pc swimsuit shoot. Model is going to wear a scuba styled 1 pc (with high leg, zip back and high neck). props will be scuba mask, tube and flippers. Who got more suggestions?

Great idea... when's the shoot?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12