Thread: which cam would you choose ? A40 or C4000

Default which cam would you choose ? A40 or C4000

which one would you choose if you have the ability to buy either ?

what is the diff between c4000 and c4040 ?

thanks for help guys

your message differs from the subject leh

if money no object, I would go for the better one, C4040. But it would only come in useful for available light photography where you don't want to use flash. Other than that the $300-400 difference doesn't bring much benefits.

If you have time, I suggest waiting for the C5050. It definitely looks a lot more interesting with many design changes that make it a big leap over the C40X0 series....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    your message differs from the subject leh

if money no object, I would go for the better one, C4040. But it would only come in useful for available light photography where you don't want to use flash. Other than that the $300-400 difference doesn't bring much benefits.

If you have time, I suggest waiting for the C5050. It definitely looks a lot more interesting with many design changes that make it a big leap over the C40X0 series....

whats light photography ?
    ok...so by asking the above question..hehe...most prob i wun be fully utilizing the C4040 fucntions, so a A40 is more worth it lar ?

Also, whats the diff bet C4000 and C4040 ??? dun see much diff...i mean i cannot find c4000 and c4040 in the same reviews...
    anyway...i got quotes from AP and CP both 824-825 for same package for C4000

Midnight
    Guests

Default Re: which cam would you choose ? A40 or C4000

Originally posted by Blankies
    what is the diff between c4000 and c4040 ?
    The most significant difference between these two Olympus digicams is that the C-4040 has a much faster lens (f/1.8 at full wide) compared to the C-4000 (f/2.8 at full wide). This is a difference of slightly over 1 stop, so you may find it somewhat useful for low-light photography, but chances are that you'll want a camera with better high-ISO performance if you're really into night photography.

As I just posted in another thread and as mpenza also recommended, I think it's better to hold off from your purchase and wait for the official launch of the C-5050 later this month and see what exactly this new camera has to offer in terms of price-to-feature ratio. Having said that, though, if you're on a tight budget, then the C-4000 is probably well suited to you since it was designed specifically as a budget prosumer camera and it certainly ranks among the top of its class within the same price range.

Default Re: Re: which cam would you choose ? A40 or C4000

Originally posted by Midnight
    The most significant difference between these two Olympus digicams is that the C-4040 has a much faster lens (f/1.8 at full wide) compared to the C-4000 (f/2.8 at full wide). This is a difference of slightly over 1 stop, so you may find it somewhat useful for low-light photography, but chances are that you'll want a camera with better high-ISO performance if you're really into night photography.

As I just posted in another thread and as mpenza also recommended, I think it's better to hold off from your purchase and wait for the official launch of the C-5050 later this month and see what exactly this new camera has to offer in terms of price-to-feature ratio. Having said that, though, if you're on a tight budget, then the C-4000 is probably well suited to you since it was designed specifically as a budget prosumer camera and it certainly ranks among the top of its class within the same price range.
    woohhh...me beginner leh...C5050...should be in the hands of a accomplished photographer like you and Mpenza right ? hehe...
    actually i was thinking about the high high price right ?