Thread: About Sony Memory Stick

Default About Sony Memory Stick

Whats the difference between Pro and Duo? Thanks

Older memory stick is restricted to size of 128MB.. so it came out 256MB S2 selectable A or B of 128MB modules built into one.. Sony later introduce MS Pro which break the 128MB barrier.. nowadays you should able to see 256MB MS pro, 512MB and 1Gig.. They cost a bomb when were released..

MS Duo was introduced in the challenge of size.. MS DUO is comparable or smaller (have not seen or used b4) than SD/MMC XD cards.. there is a need for duo as the camera size grew smaller so does the memory card..

This is based purely on my opinion.. didnt really find out whats really behind it.. hope it helps..

Quote Originally Posted by goo82sg
    Older memory stick is restricted to size of 128MB.. so it came out 256MB S2 selectable A or B of 128MB modules built into one.. Sony later introduce MS Pro which break the 128MB barrier.. nowadays you should able to see 256MB MS pro, 512MB and 1Gig.. They cost a bomb when were released..

MS Duo was introduced in the challenge of size.. MS DUO is comparable or smaller (have not seen or used b4) than SD/MMC XD cards.. there is a need for duo as the camera size grew smaller so does the memory card..

This is based purely on my opinion.. didnt really find out whats really behind it.. hope it helps..
    32 MB Internal, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro

Does that means the cam support older memory stick and memory stick pro but not duo?

hmm.... seems like duo is cheaper ehh..
    Last edited by revenant; 18th April 2005 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revenant
    32 MB Internal, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro

Does that means the cam support older memory stick and memory stick pro but not duo?

hmm.... seems like duo is cheaper ehh..
    i believe there is adapter for MS duo to be read like normal MS.. i think i saw it before.. somewhere online.. cant help you much.. as i was using oni MS.. PRO and duo never use liao.. MS hurt my pocket den.. hee....

I am using a Pro Duo instead of a Pro on my W1 since the shop went out of stock. As far as I can see they are the same.This can be seem from the small price difference between a Pro and a Pro Duo. The only difference is the size of the casing but the interior circuitory should be the same.Imagine a person in swimming trunk another in thicker jacket, they are really the same person However by using the pro duo I run the risk of the adaptor spoiling apart from the memory itself. You know the more moving parts the more thing that will spolit. But then I do get to use a Pro duo on Palm if I want to.
    This is just wat I felt, maybe can ask Sony if want to know more