Thread: Buccaneer - 3D Printer

Default Buccaneer - 3D Printer

The Buccaneer® - The 3D Printer that Everyone can use! by Pirate3D Inc — Kickstarter

Does anyone else here find this interesting? A 3D printer for *only* $397, by our own local start up!

Print your own lens cap, lens hood, battery cover, hotshoe cover instead of paying exorbitant prices for them. (Assuming you're going to print alot of them)
    Last edited by J-Chan; 1st June 2013 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Corrected video link

Default Re: Buccaneer - 3D Printer

seems very promising! i can't yet think of any real applications i would use it for though...i wonder if it's able to build moving parts? (though for the low price it'd be excusable even if it didn't)

Saw this some time back.. resin n maintenance puts me off.. you will need to source for technical drawing files cadcam, some downloadable, to load in to the printer.. printing takes time. More importantly availability of the resin, cartridges.. I won't be an early adaptor for this.. haha.

I guess if you have no requirements for it then there is really no justification.

But if you have a project and you need prototyping, a 3d printer opens up new channels. Learning CAD is actually not as difficult as it seems, but definitely takes abit of time and effort.

Ryan