Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

  1. #1

    Default I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Hi Guys,

    I guess some of you already knew that I'd be away for two weeks from tonight (31 May). It's a long waited and much deserved break for me and the whole family. Hopefully we'd have some fun somewhere up north.

    As to the June outing, I'm thinking of a launch party for the GR, if it's not too late. How about 23rd June at Orchard? It'd be a good place to show off our cameras there, and there are a lot pretty girls dressed up there for us to shoot and test out the new cameras I'm sure a lot guys would have got the coolest camera by then (wish I'd be one of them).


    pic from Pentax.jp

    Anyways, it's school holidays. Hope you guys have some fun w/ your families too

    Cheers and happy shooting!

    Frank

  2. #2

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Hi Fengwei,

    Thank for the info.
    after shooting with a nikon for over 10+ Years,
    I have finally decided moved over to a Pentax system and would like to join you guys on the 23th june.

    Would it be possible to for me join in with my Girlfriend (Nikon user) in this outhing?

    Thank,
    Dave Ng

  3. #3

    Default

    Dave,

    You and ur gf are always welcome to join this small Pentax family!

  4. #4

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    FW, enjoy your trip


    Ok, this time round, lets do some hands on instead of a talk.
    I'll try to rope in some more regular street/people/candid shooters and those interested can follow each guide along and they can demonstrate/hands-on various ways the guides approach street/people/candid photography.

  5. #5
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    GR PARTY ? I will bring a champagne!

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I guess some of you already knew that I'd be away for two weeks from tonight (31 May). It's a long waited and much deserved break for me and the whole family. Hopefully we'd have some fun somewhere up north.

    As to the June outing, I'm thinking of a launch party for the GR, if it's not too late. How about 23rd June at Orchard? It'd be a good place to show off our cameras there, and there are a lot pretty girls dressed up there for us to shoot and test out the new cameras I'm sure a lot guys would have got the coolest camera by then (wish I'd be one of them).

    pic from Pentax.jp

    Anyways, it's school holidays. Hope you guys have some fun w/ your families too

    Cheers and happy shooting!

    Frank
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  6. #6

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    FW, enjoy your trip


    Ok, this time round, lets do some hands on instead of a talk.
    I'll try to rope in some more regular street/people/candid shooters and those interested can follow each guide along and they can demonstrate/hands-on various ways the guides approach street/people/candid photography.
    I would like to nominate JK for the "SG Pentaxian of Year" award for his dedicated and tireless efforts to grow and enforce the bonds in our little SG Pentax community.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    FW, enjoy your trip


    Ok, this time round, lets do some hands on instead of a talk.
    I'll try to rope in some more regular street/people/candid shooters and those interested can follow each guide along and they can demonstrate/hands-on various ways the guides approach street/people/candid photography.
    That's a good idea indeed - GR for street/candid photography! I probably have to miss it this time, since will be on holiday for the last 2 weeks of June, and I guess outing will be one of the Saturdays in between my holiday. June 15 is still manageable since will fly out at around 5 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Hi Guys,

    there are a lot pretty girls dressed up there for us to shoot and test out the new cameras

    Frank
    i heard someone say XMM
    ....

  9. #9

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    i dont have the GR but i will bring the GRD4 lol

  10. #10
    Member HYPY13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Geographical centre of S'pore
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I guess some of you already knew that I'd be away for two weeks from tonight (31 May). It's a long waited and much deserved break for me and the whole family. Hopefully we'd have some fun somewhere up north.

    As to the June outing, I'm thinking of a launch party for the GR, if it's not too late. How about 23rd June at Orchard? It'd be a good place to show off our cameras there, and there are a lot pretty girls dressed up there for us to shoot and test out the new cameras I'm sure a lot guys would have got the coolest camera by then (wish I'd be one of them).


    pic from Pentax.jp

    Anyways, it's school holidays. Hope you guys have some fun w/ your families too

    Cheers and happy shooting!

    Frank
    have a great family bondingbtrip, maestro. and dun forget to take many pix of your longed for break..
    Sola Scriptura, Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria.

  11. #11

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Thanks guys. I'll definitely bring back some photos

    Gotta pack my stuff now. See you guys after two weeks.

    Cheers!

  12. #12
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    enjoy your holiday, fengwei

  13. #13
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Have a great trip Frank. I will be going to Bangkok from 2 June to 5 June too.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  14. #14
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Have a great trip Frank. I will be going to Bangkok from 2 June to 5 June too.
    Exciting place. Great for street photography and more

  15. #15

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Thanks again, guys.

    BTW, heard the GR is in SG already, probably will be available in store by early next week, but the quantity is very limited for the first batch. Better get it quick if you want to show off one during the monthly outing

    Gotta go now. Cheers!
    Last edited by fengwei; 31st May 2013 at 08:07 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member nik34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AMK Singapore
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: I'd be away for two weeks ... and June Outing.

    Enjoy your holiday with your family bro.
    Don't worry about us, we will be good.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •