Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Will KPT kena?

  1. #61

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    I'm going to suggest to MDA a better alternative.

    MDA should screen websites to identify undesirable material.
    MDA will then update the ISPs such that when someone clicks on those links, a "website down" or "HTTP 404" kind of message appears.
    That way censorship will be more subtle, yet can take place on massive scales.

    This is to prevent the spreading of undesirable material that threatens the future of our country and the future of our later generations.
    If you look at the latest Turkish uprising.. AKP use similar tactics to twitter and fb. It'll just add the embarrassment.

  2. #62
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    If you look at the latest Turkish uprising.. AKP use similar tactics to twitter and fb. It'll just add the embarrassment.


    Start clashing liao.

    One of the first casualty, a women struck in the head by tear gas canister (Warning, Graphic Images!).
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 4th June 2013 at 12:12 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  3. #63

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    I'm going to suggest to MDA a better alternative.

    MDA should screen websites to identify undesirable material.
    MDA will then update the ISPs such that when someone clicks on those links, a "website down" or "HTTP 404" kind of message appears.
    That way censorship will be more subtle, yet can take place on massive scales.

    This is to prevent the spreading of undesirable material that threatens the future of our country and the future of our later generations.
    i suggest a free and easy to implement scheme. politicians who don't like what is being said about them can put their fingers in their ears. just like gold 90 FM. hear only the good stuff
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  4. #64

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    i suggest a free and easy to implement scheme. politicians who don't like what is being said about them can put their fingers in their ears. just like gold 90 FM. hear only the good stuff
    Best suggestion so far.. no need to waste taxpayers money to chase naysayers

  5. #65

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Best suggestion so far.. no need to waste taxpayers money to chase naysayers
    well. the well-paid staff at the ministry must find something to do though.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  6. #66
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    well. the well-paid staff at the ministry must find something to do though.
    Can always do investments with their pay. If their portfolio is good, can be recruited into GIC, and hopefully we don't need to top up CPF already or can move forward the age we can draw CPF $.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  7. #67

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Can always do investments with their pay. If their portfolio is good, can be recruited into GIC, and hopefully we don't need to top up CPF already or can move forward the age we can draw CPF $.
    don't need to be good to be recruited into sovereign wealth fund...just need some married-to-crazy that's all. all purely married-to-cratic. anyway MDA CEO doing quite ok, can buy multi million dollar condo.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  8. #68

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    “But we either believe in democracy or we not. If we do, then, we must say categorically, without qualification, that no restraint from the any democratic processes, other than by the ordinary law of the land, should be allowed… If you believe in democracy, you must believe in it unconditionally. If you believe that men should be free, then, they should have the right of free association, of free speech, of free publication. Then, no law should permit those democratic processes to be set at nought.”
    - Lee Kuan Yew as an opposition leader, April 27, 1955
    Quotes | Lee Kuan Yew Watch

  9. #69

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Well too bad he didn't make a law out of it

  10. #70

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    4 legs good 2 legs bad...
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  11. #71
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    That one was said half a century ago leh.

    "[i]You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian[i]"
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  12. #72

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    That one was said half a century ago leh.

    "[i]You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian[i]"
    You must be referring to Mao Tse Tung.

    He said that when he was the opposition leader. Let's see what our opposition leaders will say.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    The Economists take on this matter

  14. #74

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    You must be referring to Mao Tse Tung.

    He said that when he was the opposition leader. Let's see what our opposition leaders will say.
    they will say that the current situation is the government's fault.

    and when they become the government and start screwing up, they'll say that it's their predecessors' fault.


  15. #75
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Those are some really enlightening quotes, truly a master of visionaries.

    I was also definitely more than intrigued by this rather compelling statement. Kinda reminded of the idea of self-fulfilling prophecies from the Matrix.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  16. #76

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Those are some really enlightening quotes, truly a master of visionaries.

    I was also definitely more than intrigued by this rather compelling statement. Kinda reminded of the idea of self-fulfilling prophecies from the Matrix.
    you only find what you're looking for

  17. #77

    Default Re: Will KPT kena?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Those are some really enlightening quotes, truly a master of visionaries.

    I was also definitely more than intrigued by this rather compelling statement. Kinda reminded of the idea of self-fulfilling prophecies from the Matrix.
    Wow!!! I am really impressed, such great prescience. He really deserves a prize.

    Bintang Temasek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •