Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: Our police kena slammed

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    sometimes, i really wonder why some of us singaporeans are so quick to run down our own institutions, policies etc. Sigh..

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    sometimes, i really wonder why some of us singaporeans are so quick to run down our own institutions, policies etc. Sigh..
    Because they choose to blame others for their own inadequacies.
    Alpha

  3. #23
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    It saddens me that some will side with outsiders to 'bang' our local institutions

    WE judge OUR own institutions....

    Just ask yourself .... why do SPF/CNB/SCDF need to slap their own face in public? If certain conspiracy theory want embarassing info to be covered up, it will be covered up. Think about it, no ?
    Not really side lah. It's just that you got the unfair feeling piped down for too long. But of course there is a limit to it.

    You know the old school kid fighting? when the bully already lying down on the field you don't continue the beating, and might even help him back on his feet and say you lost.

    That's how I see them now.

    Siding with outsiders? I think not. I'd stand with the bully against the kid from other school.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 29th May 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  4. #24
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Todd's family has asked why police accessed his laptop and cellphone even though such items are supposed to be handed over to forensic technology specialists.
    This part is quite a gross negligence. As an IT, I do read about IT forensics.

    Any media found on the scene needs to be turned off immediately, and examined with other device which does not have write access to the media, in fear of altering the evidence..
    Last edited by Foxshade; 29th May 2013 at 02:11 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  5. #25
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,053

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    This part is quite a gross negligence. As an IT, I do read about IT forensics.

    Any media found on the scene needs to be turned off immediately, and examined with other device which does not have write access to the media, in fear of altering the evidence..

    I'm no IT expert, work for the Police... or read about forensic... But you have not considered a certain reason why the Police didn't do it...

    * Dr Todd was found hang inside his home...
    * No force entry was found...
    * No foul play was suspected...

    Therefore... why would the Police treat the Hard Drive, PC or Laptop with such suspicious ?? Its not as if he was found in.a pool of his own blood... nor has he reported to Police there was Death Threat against his life... as far as the Police is concern... there was no sign of foul play.

    Its was his family that demanded a new investigation to his death, claiming that its murder... they then brought out all those point that you had... blaming the Police for not doing something they have NO, or LITTLE REASON to do so in the 1at place....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  6. #26

    Default

    Also there are inconsistencies and fabrications (that were proven) in the Todds' allegations. Why do u choose to side them when it is obvious they're not being honest?

  7. #27

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I'm no IT expert, work for the Police... or read about forensic... But you have not considered a certain reason why the Police didn't do it...

    * Dr Todd was found hang inside his home...
    * No force entry was found...
    * No foul play was suspected...

    Therefore... why would the Police treat the Hard Drive, PC or Laptop with such suspicious ?? Its not as if he was found in.a pool of his own blood... nor has he reported to Police there was Death Threat against his life... as far as the Police is concern... there was no sign of foul play.

    Its was his family that demanded a new investigation to his death, claiming that its murder... they then brought out all those point that you had... blaming the Police for not doing something they have NO, or LITTLE REASON to do so in the 1at place....
    The procedure is there to cover any eventualities and avoid public accusation like this (I have done the correct procedure.. bla bla bla..).
    While it may seem unlike a foul play at the time he was found, they have to consider all possibilities. A Russian agent died of radioactive poisoning in London few years ago..
    and I still remember the iconic self destructing instruction in The A Team series in the 80s. Anything can happen

  8. #28
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I'm no IT expert, work for the Police... or read about forensic... But you have not considered a certain reason why the Police didn't do it...
    One of the reasons is the prevention of the whole hullabaloo here.

    If they do what they are supposed to do, no cutting corners, when the parents come trying to shame us, just drop the whole evidence file: Look here's what we have collected. We did not lost any evidence, our method is air tight. so stfu and bring back your accusation to the websites that claims Yeti sightings and conspiracy theories.

    When a live is lost, it cannot be decided in split second whether it's a suicide or unnatural death, without examining the evidence.

    Now people can claim anything under the sun, even there's a succubus from hell come up and kill the guy, and slam the reasoning if we were to collect evidence carefully, we would have found the sulfuric evidence. How to escape now?

    I'm not siding with Todd, I'm just not siding with spf who didn't do their due diligence. Just like newbie come ask some commonly asked question without doing due diligence to search first and kena bashed.

    They got it coming. It serves them right.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 29th May 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  9. #29
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    One of the reasons is the prevention of the whole hullabaloo here.

    If they do what they are supposed to do, no cutting corners, when the parents come trying to shame us, just drop the whole evidence file: Look here's what we have collected. We did not lost any evidence, our method is air tight. so stfu and bring back your accusation to the websites that claims Yeti sightings and conspiracy theories.

    When a live is lost, it cannot be decided in split second whether it's a suicide or unnatural death, without examining the evidence.

    Now people can claim anything under the sun, even there's a succubus from hell come up and kill the guy, and slam the reasoning if we were to collect evidence carefully, we would have found the sulfuric evidence. How to escape now?

    I'm not siding with Todd, I'm just not siding with spf who didn't do their due diligence. Just like newbie come ask some commonly asked question without doing due diligence to search first and kena bashed.

    They got it coming. It serves them right.
    ditto
    when u put it forward like this then what you say is sensible and reasonable
    Last edited by ed9119; 29th May 2013 at 05:22 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #30
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,053

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    The procedure is there to cover any eventualities and avoid public accusation like this (I have done the correct procedure.. bla bla bla..).
    While it may seem unlike a foul play at the time he was found, they have to consider all possibilities. A Russian agent died of radioactive poisoning in London few years ago..
    and I still remember the iconic self destructing instruction in The A Team series in the 80s. Anything can happen

    1st... Dr Todd isn't some spy or political prisoner on the run... at least not that we know of...

    2nd... Everyday, death occurs in S'pore. Some nature... some accident....some less easy to explain. There isn't enough resources to check every death like a murder and spent months interviewing everyone... even a old man who have died at home... could be murdered by family member for his money, by the maid who can't tahan taking care of the old man, by the neighbor who dislike him... so, how much time, effect and tax payer money must we spent before the Police should give a final verdict ??


    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    One of the reasons is the prevention of the whole hullabaloo here.

    If they do what they are supposed to do, no cutting corners, when the parents come trying to shame us, just drop the whole evidence file: Look here's what we have collected. We did not lost any evidence, our method is air tight. so stfu and bring back your accusation to the websites that claims Yeti sightings and conspiracy theories.

    When a live is lost, it cannot be decided in split second whether it's a suicide or unnatural death, without examining the evidence.

    Now people can claim anything under the sun, even there's a succubus from hell come up and kill the guy, and slam the reasoning if we were to collect evidence carefully, we would have found the sulfuric evidence. How to escape now?

    I'm not siding with Todd, I'm just not siding with spf who didn't do their due diligence. Just like newbie come ask some commonly asked question without doing due diligence to search first and kena bashed.

    They got it coming. It serves them right.

    In the end... our boys in Blue did have the proof to backup their investigation... thats the important thing.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  11. #31
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    In the end... our boys in Blue did have the proof to backup their investigation... thats the important thing.
    It's not over yet. They are asking to exhume the body and do 2nd autopsy.

    If there's any trace of doubt, the whole world could cast doubt on them. NOt to mention Todd family will sure to sling that conspiracy theory.

    MOst of all, that pride I had for them would be a distant memory.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,357

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    This is a very old case. Today is 29 May 2013.
    Dr Shane Todd's death was reported in news about 24 June 2012.


    Let us examine the notion that he was so pivotal to some fantastic research that it was necessary to murder him.


    "The court heard that Dr Todd had told his colleagues that transferring to the GaN group was a mistake. He said he had difficulties because his area of expertise was in silicon, and he lacked knowledge in GaN."


    IME has confirmed that Todd was not involved in any classified research.


    The research area is plain vanilla stuff, low level and ordinary. It is not research on some fantastic world changing invention or super weapon.


    The late Dr. Todd, although a scientist and PHD holder, is an ordinary researcher.
    Singapore has lots of ordinary researchers.
    So does USA, China, India, Japan, Russia, Europe, etc....


    The late scientist was not in the same league/standard as Albert Einstein or Enrico Fermi or Robert Oppenheimer or Edward Teller.


    If any scientist was that good, the USA would have retained him with generous package to benefit US defence research only - so that he would not work in or for any other country.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 30th May 2013 at 12:01 AM.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    It's not over yet. They are asking to exhume the body and do 2nd autopsy.

    If there's any trace of doubt, the whole world could cast doubt on them. NOt to mention Todd family will sure to sling that conspiracy theory.

    MOst of all, that pride I had for them would be a distant memory.
    you seem most eager to condemn the people who help keep the streets safe.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,413

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    They the Americans will always impose their way of life and liberties on others saying or claiming
    there's the best way towards freedom and democracy. But they fail to realise each independant country has their own laws
    ways of governing and beg to differ.

    The Michael Fay episode was good enough labelling us as 'barbarians' because he was caned for vandalism but if our government
    were to allow such acts to go unpunished then what gives. Can we impose on them to amend their 4th Amendment under their Constitution about
    the right to bear arms ? So it's the same that they cannot impose on us the to amend the vandalism act.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  15. #35
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,053

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    It's not over yet. They are asking to exhume the body and do 2nd autopsy.

    If there's any trace of doubt, the whole world could cast doubt on them. NOt to mention Todd family will sure to sling that conspiracy theory.

    MOst of all, that pride I had for them would be a distant memory.

    There will always be doubts... the reason is as simple as 2 person can't agreeing on something. Its well over 10 years since the 9/11 Attack in New York... and yet there are still thousands.. if not millions of people in US itself, that still think both World Trade Center Tower was brought down by CIA demolition experts instead of the damage caused by the 2 planes... Some Malay colleagues of mine still think 9/11 is a plot by USA/CIA/The Pentagon as an excuse to invade Afghanistan... as if Afghanistan got Oil or Gas...

    The Todd family wants to do a 2nd autopsy... good, I think they should do so too... but this time, please find some real expert that is more qualify than a county-level deputy medical examiner from Missouri. Perhaps some expert from the FBI own...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post

    The Todd family wants to do a 2nd autopsy... good, I think they should do so too... but this time, please find some real expert that is more qualify than a county-level deputy medical examiner from Missouri. Perhaps some expert from the FBI own...
    Remember, the "medical examiner" didn't conduct any medical exam, see the body, or even speak with the Singapore police. He just came up with his conclusion because he was paid by the Todds to say something. So obviously he had to make his "bosses" look credible

  17. #37

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    1st... Dr Todd isn't some spy or political prisoner on the run... at least not that we know of...

    2nd... Everyday, death occurs in S'pore. Some nature... some accident....some less easy to explain. There isn't enough resources to check every death like a murder and spent months interviewing everyone... even a old man who have died at home... could be murdered by family member for his money, by the maid who can't tahan taking care of the old man, by the neighbor who dislike him... so, how much time, effect and tax payer money must we spent before the Police should give a final verdict ??
    Well.. its a hindsight bias, the police did not know it at that time. I think even the police should be smart enough to be able to distinguish an old man who died on his bed and an angmoh who is hanging to take extra precautions.
    Resource scarcity is a problem in ANY organisation, but its not an excuse to shortchanging their work. I don't believe any foul play either, but my point is that the police should do their due diligence.
    But they did what they did, and now they reap what they sow.

  18. #38
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    you seem most eager to condemn the people who help keep the streets safe.
    I just want those who are supposed to keep us safe, can prove to anyone beyond doubts that they CAN keep us safe. And if God forbids something happen to me, I'd die assured that justice will be brought swiftly without prejudice.

    Does it sound condemning?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  19. #39

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I just want those who are supposed to keep us safe, can prove to anyone beyond doubts that they CAN keep us safe. And if God forbids something happen to me, I'd die assured that justice will be brought swiftly without prejudice.

    Does it sound condemning?
    Well.. the idea is to achieve it while you are ALIVE.. if you're dead no point already.. justice also no use

  20. #40

    Default Re: Our police kena slammed

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I just want those who are supposed to keep us safe, can prove to anyone beyond doubts that they CAN keep us safe. And if God forbids something happen to me, I'd die assured that justice will be brought swiftly without prejudice.

    Does it sound condemning?
    if you want swift justice, listen to Taylor Swift

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •